Moving up from a 1998 to 2012 Civic

Congrats on the new car. I have a 97 ex also and I can relate about backing up and the difference in pillar sizes.

Your steering wheel controls aren't working for audio?

I brought the car to the dealer this morning and they did a software update for the stereo and fixed the audio controls on the steering wheel. I only found an update required for the Hybrid but he found a TSB for the LX & HX. I'll have to see if I can find the TSB and make a new thread for this problem.

Glad they got it working for you. :thumb:

It's amazing how useful those controls are! I'm not a big fan of all the technology (will it last 10-15 years??) but it sure is useful! Having a great time with the 3 mileage gages. Got 30.7 from the first tank. Averaging 35.4 (peak of 36.7) so far after 70 miles on the second.

Average up to 37.5MPG, peak of 37.9 in about 130 miles! I'm getting more than 7MPG better than the last tank! Maybe the previous owner never drove it on the highway and it wasn't broken in yet. Since it had an average of 23.8MPG when I bought it I'd guess it was all city for 8400 miles.

I'm amazed the mileage for the second tank of gas went up 8MPG vs. the first one!! All I can think of is maybe the dealer didn't give me a completely full tank of gas when I picked it up.

The iMID said 37.3 but it calculated to 38.8!!! 311 miles with 8.024 gallons. The first tank calculated higher than the iMID too, the opposite of what I've read in the mileage threads.

It can be plus or minus on the imid. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer didn't fill it all the way. I've worked at dealerships where they just gave people a set amount of money to put in the tank. All depends.

Back