My first Civic and loving it!

Installed LED door sills with a small twist. In my car, the four of them do not light at the same time when a door is opened but each lights independently when the correspondent door is opened and all the circuit can be turned on-off with a switch.

IMG_1765.JPG IMG_1775.JPG

In Pauly´s installation, all what he needs to do to turn on-off the lights, is to run the hot wire from the tap to a switch and from there, to the sills instead of just tap the sills directly to the blue wire.

Just for the record, I installed the sills in series with the door llights (each door is a separate series circuit). Another way is to do it all in parallel. Check the diagrams for reference.

Update: changed to parallel circuit because it is a much better solution !!!

Attachments

• Door Sills - parallel circuit.pdf
    187.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Door Sills - series circuit.pdf
    186.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Got tired of the poor interior light at night. Run a wire from the pink wire of the center interior light (dome) and with a male-female connectors, soldered a wire to the map lights, in order to both of them light at the same time that the dome light. As a bonus, all of them turn off when the doors are left open for a while. The map light still work as before.

Doors opened
Door open.JPG
Doors just closed
Door closed.JPG

Also, tinted windows (3M CS-50). They really look great (not too dark)!
Tinted windows.JPG

Last edited:
Got the OEM Auto Day/Night Mirror w/Compass as a Father´s day gift. It´s amazing how it works. It takes about an hour for the complete the straightforward installation.

IMG_1901.JPG

Back