My Hurricane Sandy Project

iWANNAsiR

Kingsland, GA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I bought the car with three, yes 000003, miles in July and it should be on the road this month.
IMG_0442.JPG
Car hasn't been a big priority because I have to many other projects. Trying to give Mr. 3DX a run for his $.
IMG_2392.JPG

It was completely stripped down.
IMG_2098.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG
Then I spent a few $ at my local Honda dealer (Coggin) and Powdercoater (East Coast Powdercoating).
IMG_2112.JPG
And now it is getting to the final touches adding a few little additions along the way.
IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2995.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2288.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
welcome man! look forward to seeing your progress

Basically every part was removed and either cleaned, powdercoated or replaced due to being flooded. Every harness is new as well as all electric motors.

Yep i figured if I had less than $12k in a "brand new" Si I couldn't pass it up. $12k is what I sold my last daily driver for (04 SRT-4). I think I will end up around $14k with aftermarket Nav and the OEM body kit. So not to shabby.

It cost 12k prior to buying all the new harnesses, or after you bought all the new harnesses?

Nice car.... i also bought my 2013 si sedan with around $8K and its almost ready for the road. will be spending about $12k with all the fixing and title. glad I'm not the only one here that does this :D
:escaper:

Last edited:
Pretty cool. Where was the car from? Did you notice any signs of premature rusting?

New Jersey auction. No damage/rusting on any of the finished products. All of the bare steel parts were rusted, now they are all powder coated.

I'm glad you explained the title. I was confused until after I read Webby's question and your answer.

I am impressed how skillful everyone is here in these forums... I would never think to do anything like this to my car. I would be so scared to screw it up so bad. Nice work!

I have to replace the power steering motor and the evap canister. The canister is on its way and the power steering motor should be soon. I had to buy a new passenger seat the other day, because of a failed seat weight sensor. i runs and drives and is a whole lot of fun, just trying to get it completed/pass the state inspection.

Back