my set up finally!

That looks like it sounds really good....I don't know much about systems other than I like them when they sound good.
What's with all the different coloured wires? Looks a little like misplaced Christmas tree decorations.

Last edited:
I don't understand the speakers being in a case like that, it looks like the sound would be traped? Can you explain how it works, I do see those ports that are "behind" the speakers.

That looks like it sounds really good....I don't know much about systems other than I like them when they sound good.
What's with all the different coloured wires? Looks a little like misplaced Christmas tree decoratotions.
the big red wire is the power wire its 4 guage because i needed something bigger and brown is my grown which is right under that and my remote ran to my interior fuse panel and other are the speaker wire to the subs.

I don't understand the speakers being in a case like that, it looks like the sound would be traped? Can you explain how it works, I do see those ports that are "behind" the speakers.
ehhh i could really tell it with my old car (97 civic lx ) but i can still tell in my 9th gen but not as much as my old one.... there in a carpet case with fiber glass in the middle

eh i could really tell it with my old car (97 civic lx ) but i can still tell in my 9th gen but not as much as my old one.... there in a carpet case with fiber glass in the middle
I was thinking you might know why they have the speakers enclosed and facing each other as opposed to facing out like most speakers? I know Bose has a unique speaker arrangement built into their systems, but never having seen the inside of one, I have no idea how it works or looks like, and was wondering if yours may be something aligned the same way?

I was thinking you might know why they have the speakers enclosed and facing each other as opposed to facing out like most speakers? I know Bose has a unique speaker arrangement built into their systems, but never having seen the inside of one, I have no idea how it works or looks like, and was wondering if yours may be something aligned the same way?
honeslty i dont know there 2 10 audio bahn with the fiber glass in the box like i know what your saying about facing inward instead of outward ward like most speaker boxes do.

I am no expert but here is a link that may help you understand it a little better. Its for home audio but the main story is there. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=43669

Monk

Bandpass Subwoofer Boxes
And last but not least are Bandpass enclosures. These are a hybrid box version and combine the features of a sealed and ported sub box into one enclosure. They are generally the hardest to build and design but offer some unique advantages. Bandpass enclosures are all about efficiency. How they work is a subwoofer or subwoofers in some cases are mounted inside a dual chambered box. One chamber is sealed and the other is ported / vented. The sound waves travel from the sealed subwoofer chamber though and out the port. This allows for a much deeper sounding bass and will be tuned to a narrow frequency band which creates a very aggressive sound. Not all subwoofers will work in bandpass enclosure so make sure you research or check the manual first.

BPASS210-Box-Front-HRES.jpg

Of course this doesn't explain anything about why speakers are point toward each other. I think it really is just an issue of appearance. Or possibly for space saving due to limited trunk space when trying to make room for ports.

As far as a Bose sub goes, they are bandpass:

bose-acoustimass-5.3106462.jpg

Last edited:
Flippercon & squiggy ............That's what I was looking for, great answers.... Thanks........... I was thinking it would retard the sound, but that isn't so.... Old but still learning.....

how's it sound? When looking at the pic, I want to grab a pack of zip ties to hide the wiring lol

how's it sound? When looking at the pic, I want to grab a pack of zip ties to hide the wiring lol

That wiring is atrocious. I have some serious issues when it comes to visible wires...anywhere. :screwy:

My amp is mounted on the backside of the box and have it positioned like the OPs pic. Everything bundled and wrapped. If you need to access the amp just fold the rear seats down and you have a comfortable seat to dismount or just work on it.

Last edited:
it is acutally a bandpass box six hundred watts. Two ten audio bahn
Monk

Bandpass Subwoofer Boxes
And last but not least are Bandpass enclosures. These are a hybrid box version and combine the features of a sealed and ported sub box into one enclosure. They are generally the hardest to build and design but offer some unique advantages. Bandpass enclosures are all about efficiency. How they work is a subwoofer or subwoofers in some cases are mounted inside a dual chambered box. One chamber is sealed and the other is ported / vented. The sound waves travel from the sealed subwoofer chamber though and out the port. This allows for a much deeper sounding bass and will be tuned to a narrow frequency band which creates a very aggressive sound. Not all subwoofers will work in bandpass enclosure so make sure you research or check the manual first.

BPASS210-Box-Front-HRES.jpg

Of course this doesn't explain anything about why speakers are point toward each other. I think it really is just an issue of appearance. Or possibly for space saving due to limited trunk space when trying to make room for ports.

As far as a Bose sub goes, they are bandpass:

bose-acoustimass-5.3106462.jpg

I've installed a couple of these before and u can really get clean bass but not loud.
Think i've seen them in walmart audio section.
i wanna go bigger eventually one i get more money they sounded really nice in my old car before i got my 9th gen coupe they have really clean bass like you said and i agree they arent that loud

i wanna go bigger eventually one i get more money they sounded really nice in my old car before i got my 9th gen coupe they have really clean bass like you said and i agree they arent that loud
It's a good start. Although i would suggest 2, 10 Inch kicker L7 with a nice custome pro box with the correct measurements. Which is also hard to find. Goodluck though, looks nice.

Thanks. I have place like half hour away from my house that sells audi and stero equipment for cars and they do custom boxes so ill look into that
It's a good start. Although i would suggest 2, 10 Inch kicker L7 with a nice custome pro box with the correct measurements. Which is also hard to find. Goodluck though, looks nice.

Back