Avada Kedavra
VIP Member
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Hi everyone.

I've done this event the past two years and nearly raised $1500 combined between the two. This charity means a lot to me and I will be participating again this year.

Any and all donations to this charity would be greatly appreciated. I will be riding on behalf of @Mamarazzi again who is a wonderful woman whose life is greatly affected by MS.

Please go to this link if you would like to donate:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/jrotax101

The event:
Day 1: 105.6 Miles
Day 2: 83.4 Miles
2014_Bike_MS_Day_1_Route.jpg

2014_Bike_MS_Day_2_Route.jpg

Due to my work schedule I haven't had chance to ride as much as previous years, so this one will be challenging.

Just spoke to my team mate and we are going to be riding a little more than scheduled to attempt a double century. Most likely making it 120 miles or so Day 1.

I don't check other threads (outside my subscribed threads) and not sure if you posted this on Facebook but I just saw this. I will donate. Every little bit helps!

@Mamarazzi FTW! Awesome lady.

Edit: @jrotax101 - So this is why you aren't coming to the dragon. Awesome cause!

Thank you for your donation :excited: Go Robert!! :)

PROGRESS: 42%

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff! Yes, this is why I'm not going to make the dragon. Unfortunately with the dragon being pushed back a week from last year it clashed and I can't get the time off work to head up there on thursday.

It is a good cause, and I'm glad I can do it to help out others.

Can i send you some ride support as well? Do you use GU or similar energy packs while riding? Or some electrolyte drink mix? Or is it a casual pace with lots of opportunity to stop?

Can i send you some ride support as well? Do you use GU or similar energy packs while riding? Or some electrolyte drink mix? Or is it a casual pace with lots of opportunity to stop?
It's a SAG ride with rest areas. The last two years I've taken 20min at lunch ( around 50 miles in) and then two smaller breaks, one for shaved ice and another for the rest room/to get my century patch on the extra route. They have gatorade/water refills at the areas too, so we usually carry two big bottles on the bike and some carry 1-2 in the jersey as well.

I'm good on extras; thanks though. I use stinger waffles for snacks and will take 4 bananas or so. They provide other snacks along the way if necessary. Part of my $60 entry fee goes towards the "support" I guess.

And definitely not a leisurely cruise. Last year I averaged 21.5 MPH for the first 40 miles. One member of the team was struggling a little so we ended up with an average of 18.2 for the 106 miles, including stoppages. It's no "pro" pace, but it's on the faster side of casual, for sure.

Some stats from last year on day 1 to give you a better idea.

• Distance
    106.8mi
  • Moving Time
    5:53:10
  • Elevation
    699ft

• Estimated Avg Power
    181W
  • Energy Output
    3,837kJ

• ---- Avg ---- Max
  • Speed 18.1mi/h 35.6mi/h
  • Heart Rate 153bpm 197bpm
  • Cadence 78 116
  • Calories 4,279
  • Temperature 75℉

Last edited:
Thank you!
Hoping to get down to the host hotel early enough on Friday to knock out a quick 20-30 miler to prep the old sit bones. I haven't been on the saddle much at all recently with work. It'll be a challenge for sure. I'll have to bring the chamois cream. haha.

Reactions: Nix
Is this the stuff then?

Shippams-bloater-paste-001.jpg

Had some once. Not my favorite fish product. The one I tried had a yellow label.

If you ever wanna get together and compare our countries fish pastes I'll gladly swap some Kalles with ya! Not the best in the shorts though....

Egg_sandwich.jpg

Back