Navi day/night display adjustment with automatic lights

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
Has anyone found a solution to fix the sensitivity of the auto headlight sensor so that the headlights don't come on in the very early sunset which causes the background on the navi to change to night mode??
I like to leave my headlights on "AUTO" so that they turn on/off automatically (hense the AUTO) but when the sun starts to set the headlights turn on and the navi background changes to the night mode and I can't see anything on the screen cuz it's still daytime so I have to adjust the display dimmer manually to the brightest to get the navi back to day mode. Then when it's dark I have to manually adjust the display dimmer a few notches down to get the navi back to night mode.
I'm not likin all this manual adjusting all the time. I chose AUTO not AUTO/MANUAL!

I manually do the headlights to avoid what you're referring to. At least that way you can leave the navi on auto.

I manually do the headlights to avoid what you're referring to. At least that way you can leave the navi on auto.
This is your only other option to avoid the issue you are experiencing. The light sensor is simply too sensitive for your tastes.
Sucks, but until Honda makes some sort of change, the Automatic lighting feature won't be useful to you.

If the light sensor is too sensitive to ambient light, how about covering it with semi-transparent material (like window tinting) or partially covering it with non-transparent material (like electrical tape) to achieve the desired sensitively?

If the light sensor is too sensitive to ambient light, how about covering it with semi-transparent material (like window tinting) or partially covering it with non-transparent material (like electrical tape) to achieve the desired sensitively?
Ummm, you would probably want to go the other way. If the light getting to the sensor is cut down, the sensor thinks it's dark outside and !!!VOILA!!! goes into night mode. This doesn't seem to be a problem on the '14 models (and the '14 navi system has a switch on the upper right side of the bezel that will turn the background from daylight mode, to night-time mode to completely off.

Mine remembers the brightness setting of my dash lights in both day mode and night mode. When my headlights turn on my dash lights dim to the setting I last had it on in night mode. And when they arent on the brighten up to where I had them in day mode.

Back