Navigation System

connorsaj

Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
4 Door Si
I Have a 2012 Civic Si Sedan that I purchased about a month ago. As you all know at this point, it is hard to find a new Civic on a dealership lot right now, let alone finding a Si that you did not order. I lucked out and got one in Taffeta White, as I wanted, however it did not come with Navigation.

I am considering adding navigation and I was wondering if I could get an OEM Navigation unit installed or if I would have to get an aftermarket Navi system. Also if I get an aftermarket Navi system would my i-Mid system be compatible with it?

Looking for advice and opinions, thanks in advance!

I know on the 8th, there are a special harness you needed to make it work. I looked into it with mine.

I am sure if I got an OEM Honda Navigation System though that the dealership would be able to get that harness. I figured it would be easier said than done.

Also considering the Honda Navi has XM Radio I am assuming I would need to get an XM antenna

Yeah, the XM Antenna mounted in the dash on mine, something about the stock harness with the non navi and the stock harness with the navi was different. Here ya go:

injentech;5367281 said:
i will add pictures later BUT you really dont need pics, but here you go

what you need from hondapartsdeals.com:

1) a navi (duh, if its an si make sure its a premium audio system navi)
2) gps antenna (39835-SNA-A01)
3) 2 #10 (93913-14420)
4) 8 #8 (91551-SE0-003) (4 for each side)
5) 1 # 7 (91507-SL9-003)

thats for that picture, next is from this picture:

6) 1 #12 (77250-SNA-A01ZA)
7) 1 #13 (77255-SNA-A00)
8) 1 #14 (77256-SNA-A00)
9) for numbers 35, 36, and 27 re-use from the stock radio

ok now that you got all of that begins the install (again pics will be added later):
theres two ways of doing this install...the easy way and the harder way.
lets do the easy way (since i did do it this way)

ok buy pigtails for this, what are pigtails? they are the harness plugs that plug into the back of the navi. you only need 12p/22p:

17p is the same as HARNESS A (you WILL use from your stock radio)

ok now that you got the pigtails, lets first do the easy one the 17p plug:
here's the pin out for the pigtail....

tap (from the navi pigtail) 1 to A17
tap 4 to A9

now next to the B HARNESS/22P, luckily for us the one on the left is from the navi pigtail and the one on the right is from the stock radio.

this is a pic of the two harness you need. it goes from the green one to the stock one under it

the following pics show the taping from one wire to the other wire

connect B1 to B3
connect B2 to B4
connect B3 to B5
connect B6 to B6
connect B7 to B7
connect B11 to B13
connect B12 to B14
connect B13 to B15
connect B15 to B <----there is no ground for the B HARNESS, so i tapped this one into A9 from above
conncet B20 to B16<-----is not on the diagram but this is your amp

the gps antenna is easy...just unscrew 3 screws from your speedometer lift it on the right side and you will see a place to put it, plug in your cables and fire it up, make sure you got the 4 digit radio code.

***this is up to you how you want to tap... there are plenty of ways to "tap" the way i did it was i stripped each wire about 2 cm then poked a hole then from the navi pigtail i went in the hole and twist it around...then i soldered it and covered it with electric tape.****

also the hard way to do this is no pigtails...just find some wires then solder TO THE NAVI then the other end tap it into the stock harness...i say harder because who would want to solder to tha navi?
got questions? just shoot away....

sites i used:
DIY - Installing an OEM Nav into a Non-Nav CRV - HondaSUV Forums - Discussion forum and bulletin board for Honda CR-V, CRV, Element, Pilot, HR-V owners
Help, CRV stereo pinout? where's the Ignition sense? - HondaSUV Forums - Discussion forum and bulletin board for Honda CR-V, CRV, Element, Pilot, HR-V owners
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8891&d=1193346656

this is information collected from a one month period. i hope you guys can benefit from this, i know i did!

more random pics:

be forewarned, the navigation unit itself from honda is going to be very expensive. Ebay would be your friend, but I don't know if you'd be finding one out of a wrecked civic already. I recall looking one up out of a parts catalog, and I want to say it was pushing 2 grand for the parts alone from honda. You can find the 8th gen navigation for like maybe ~500ish, but I know there are obviously changes in this latest version of the nav. Maybe he could get the part #'s, and see what honda charges. Might be worth a PM

http://9thcivic.com/forum/conversations/add?to=CollegeHillsHonda

Hey connorsaj!! I was in exact same situation, Si Coupe, Tafffetta White, had to wait 10 days for the car (fortunately they had one inbound, other than that, no white ones available in Florida.) I purchased with Honda dealer installed aftermarket (Advent brand), but then they called me in and stated that the ones from Advent aren't compatible with the 2012 models (We all assume because of the new iMid system). I told them I would wait until they get something in as long as it doesn't disable anything on the iMid or degrade the current sound system (which rocks compared to my Explorer, so it is all relative). I will let you know what happens.
Noel

Back