Need Help Choosing New Wheels

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
So like the title says, im looking for some wheel suggestions. These are going on my wifes car. She has an 8th gen PMM sedan. I would prefer 18's as they look better on the sedan but 17's aren't out of the question. I'm having trouble picking a color and style that suits or goes well with PMM paint. I've looked through lots of threads but let me know what you like/suggest. Thanks!

Couple things:

HFP drop. Lots of room to work with but not looking for flush/stance/aggressive but not out of the question either.

Cannot require fender work, roll, trim, pull. (Most likely not a problem with the HFP)

Budget: Less than $2000. (wheels only.)

Knockoffs and legit wheels considered.

Contenders so far:

My pick.....
HFP 18" r7 in blade silver from CHH. 18x 7.5 +45 ( I cannot find a pic of these wheels on a PMM sedan.)
DSC_6711.JPG

The wheels she wants... xxr527 Gold in 17x8.25 +35 (pic is PMM coupe.)
216ld.jpg

lemme know and post up some suggestions to look into. Thanks!

Thanks dudes... Dayum... I like those bbs..... I know she really really wants the xxr's but I feel like they are too ricey and cheap. Tryin to find alternates to show her. Hopefully change her mind.

this makes it a lil closer to PMM. i dunno if that showed the hfp drop, so i dropped it a little, too. hopefully that gives you a better idea. PMM2.jpg

Reactions: Nix
EP3-R wheels (17")
03102009826.jpg

FD2 wheels (18") - They are similar looking to the HFPs, but probably much lighter.
29965d1273824042-will-civic-type-r-fd2-wheels-fit-2010-civic-ex-sedan-dsc00209.jpg

Enkei RPF1 (18") - Lightweight
enkei_rpf1_s_ci3_l.jpg

Enkei RSM9 - 18" - expensive and close to your target $2k
ers_rsm9_ps_ci3_l.jpg

Enkei Raijin (18") - looks similar to the BBS RGR, but lower cost. The RGR has a 8 split spoke, this has 7.
enkeitun_raijin_hs_ci3_l.jpg

New Rims Left.jpg

Just got new rims on my 2012 PMM Civic EX Sedan - People have asked me if I had them custom painted to match the color of the car - to which the answer is NO!
Borbet LV5 from Tire Rack - about $130 apiece.

Or SA55M in grey 18x9 +36. That's what I'll be getting if I ever upsize to 18's.

I was also going to say Wedssport. But they are pricey, although pure high quality performance wheels.

My wheels weigh like 15lbs. There aren't any wheels out there as light for the price. Volks are WAY more expensive, but about the same weight/a little lighter. Enkei's are cheaper but not as light. Works are the same price but heavier. Out of all the wheels I've looked at, and trust me I've looked, WedsSport is the best for the price. I bought mine from Evasive. If you've got $2k, don't get XXR's. They're the same weight or heavier than your stock wheels I'll bet.

I think the Volk bronze and mag Blue color would look amazing on a PMM sedan.

My votes since she likes the multiple spoke design....

Volk CE28
Volk_Racing_CE28___Bronze_by_solanki47.jpg

Feb2010VolkShipment002.jpg

Volk RE30

RE30bronze.jpg

344IMG_8209.jpg

SSR Type F

wheel-ssr-typeF-mbk-18-2.jpg

130_0811_40_z+wheel_guide+ssr_typef.jpg

838823850_cWtny-XL.jpg

Yeah, thanks for all the help guys! really appreciate it. I just have to convince her not to get xxr's. It's like trying to talk her out of some new shoes and a bag that are just the perfect color/shade/fit..and on sale!!!omg!!!

I know the XXR's are going to be super heavy. I also worry that they may have a "cheap" appearance or a finish that just doesn't last. They are very inexpensive though... Like $110-125 each. Id hate to buy a set and tires, then flip wheels and need new tires in a different size.

What size wheels and tires are on the car now?

Snow tires. 205/55/16 on steelies.

summers are 09' ex wheels 16"

ok...I think I mis-read your last post. If your worried about flipping wheels and possibly re-using the tires just make sure to get a non aggressive setup and you will be ok. Maybe a size that you will like on different sets of wheels if it comes down to that.

On the 8th I pretty much stuck to a 225/40/18 tire and switched wheels 3 times.

Back