Need help, have 2,500$ to spend and kinda lost

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
Talk to @RedShiftChris - Get yourself a proper suspension setup with some quality parts.

Unless you just want low. The megans aren't terrible but depending on your budget in each area I think there are some better options.

-Flashpro and tune

-The downpipe/"header" will help a lot

-Upgrade the rear sway bar

Hmmm good points, I do have more for better coils I looked at the tein and D2's as well, just am unsure as to what else I really will need, I agree sway bar too... But yes flashpro and downpipe are musts to get something out of my exhaust.

All good suggestions. Rear sway bar, Flashpro/tune, rbc manifold/zdx throttle body, downpipe. I don't have experience with konis to comment, but @squiggy, and @Nix both have experience with them.

I started with the rear sway bar/endlinks first and then all of the bolt-ons/tune. Suspension is next...will be pretty close to $2k for the custom fabrication, camber bolts, and camber arms.

You should be able to do full bolt-ons for under your allotment.

Depending on how low you go you may not need a camber kit for the rear. I understand that anything more than an inch more or less requires a camber kit for the rears. From what I understand there isn't much camber gain on the front struts so not much need for camber bolts there. Definitely talk to @RedShiftChris

Last edited by a moderator:
No car is not fully paid for, but isnt gonna stop me from changing a few things. And as of now, I am looking at -

Megan Coils, Skunk 2 alpha header, Flashpro from vit, Whiteline suspension sway bar/endlinks, Takeda momentum Cai, and the camber kit/camber bolts. Should allow for a tasteful drop, and nice little add in power until I am ready for my sc kit way down the road. @RedShiftChris. Thanks @squiggy @Nix @Chuckable for the input as well guys

Megan Racing Street Series Full Coilovers
Application:Honda Civic - 2012 to 2014 - All [All] (With Pillow-Ball Upper Mounts) (Adjustable Front Camber Plate)
$857.95
Skunk2 Alpha Series Header
Application:Honda Civic - 2012 to 2014 - All [Si] (Race Header)
$379.99
Hondata FlashPro
Application:Honda Civic - 2012 to 2014 - All [Si]
$690.00
Whiteline Suspension Sway Bar End Links
Application:Honda Civic - 2012 to 2014 - All [All] (Rear)
$130.95
Whiteline Suspension Sway Bars
Application:Honda Civic - 2012 to 2013 - All [Si] (Rear Sway Bar) (22mm) (2 Point Adjustable)
$216.95
Takeda Momentum Cold Air Intake
Application:Honda Civic - 2012 to 2014 - All [Si] (Polished) (Uses Pro Dry S Air Filter)
$348.95
pixel_silver.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nix
Stick with Progress 22mm for your RSB (better quality), Moog greasable endlinks (half the price of whitleline and a trusted brand), RBC conversion for intake manifold (S2 is overpriced), and a PRL 3.5" CAI (ONLY intake to show actual gains over stock according to Vit).

Also, whatever IM you get will be tossed when you put an SC in.

Stick with Progress 22mm for your RSB (better quality), Moog greasable endlinks (half the price of whitleline and a trusted brand), RBC conversion for intake manifold (S2 is overpriced), and a PRL 3.5" CAI (ONLY intake to show actual gains over stock according to Vit).

Also, whatever IM you get will be tossed when you put an SC in.

Gotcha very good to know, and will save me some $$$. Most of these products for sale here on the forum? I was just going to order all of them from procivic.com but I am open to ordering what you guys already know works!

If you're really going to go SC then you may want to wait to mod the engine until you're ready. Just as a small example, you're going to pay extra for tuning when going from your N/A tune to the SC tune. And when you go SC you're also likely to need a new clutch and possibly and upgraded fuel system. Then, you could also get an aftercooler . . . but by then you're probably spending $6,000 on a $22,000 car which is a whole other debate. In any case, have fun!

If you're really going to go SC then you may want to wait to mod the engine until you're ready. Just as a small example, you're going to pay extra for tuning when going from your N/A tune to the SC tune. And when you go SC you're also likely to need a new clutch and possibly and upgraded fuel system. Then, you could also get an aftercooler . . . but by then you're probably spending $6,000 on a $22,000 car which is a whole other debate. In any case, have fun!

Yeah that's true, but the SC kit comes with just about everything I need (it comes with the injectors etc.) and that wont be for a couple years when I go that route. I'd like to have it paid off before I do. I just want a clean drop and nice bolt-on mods in the meantime. That's all I want, is to add some decent horsepower and a unique look.

Back