Need help. It's my birthday, wifey loves me. time for car parts 13 Si.

skwirl007

Hickory, North Carolina
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Hey guys. A little help. Bone stock DBP 13 Si. LOVE, but time for some noise! Wife agrees to car part(s) for my birthday in a couple weeks.
I like the deep grumbly sound and i want it to be louder throughout. I am a noob to cars. So.......is it exhaust or CAI first? Or do i need to do them both together? Or am I way off all together? Also with the description above of my taste (rather generic I guess), what do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Many owners usually get an intake as a first bolt on mod.

On the long run or if you get more mods. I have not heard of such case where valves get burnt (except during the combustion process ie bc the engine is hot lol).

If I go skunk it seems maybe the r is better for me than the rr. Description says rr is for highly modded or turbo charged. I am not looking to do much more than exhaust and cai. Ay thoughts? Thank you guys/gals as always for your valuable insight.

You can run the RR with the CAI and/or downpipe. Both exhausts are very loud though. Lol. You can also go with a variant like Tsudo which is half the price. Tsudo offers a 70mm exhaust and a 3" will come out pretty soon.

I guess my concern is doing rr when I am only thinking of going with exhaust and maybe cai later. The rr might be overkill since. Won't really be "highly modded" and/or turbo. Would the r be a better idea then? Money not an object really. I want to get the best thing for the car.

If $$ is no concern..... Full Race 3" exhaust and catted DP.

I'd recommend Hondata Flash Pro and a tune first over everything though.

Last edited:
If $$ is no concern..... Full Race 3" exhaust and catted DP.

I'd recommend Hondata Flash Pro and a tune first over everything though.
I guess I need to read up on flash pro? I'm a noob!! I thought all that came after the mods or maybe wasn't even necessary. Garrrrrr so much to learn. Bare with me gang. Thanks for the help. You guys are cool

No problem man. The flashpro will just get the most out of your car possible. It will help with rev hang and a couple other issues that come stock. Also any future mods will benefit from it. It's not necessary it's just one of the best bang for the buck mods you can get. The ability to tune and retune as you add parts is nice.

There are basemaps available so you don't have to "pay" for a tune right away. As you add parts, say you get intake/DP/exhaust, there should be maps available that you can load. Once you have a few things on, it would probably worth it to look into a professional tune. Vitviper is one of the best known, and best tuners from what I can tell, with tunes available through his website.

You won't go wrong with intake/exhaust and then flashpro later or even not at all.

take a look at the links in my sig. They'll help show what's available with some sound clips/links etc. An intake is going to make your engine sound somewhat louder...but an exhaust is going to alter the sound a lot more. If you want loud.... skunk2 or the tsudo are your best bets.

well gang, thank you for your input. ordered the skunk2 rr today. got it for 517 not bad from what i have seen. excited to install it. think i am gonna attempt myself. have you guys seen a DIY video anywhere?

Congratz on the RR, glad you like it! I'm looking at the Invidia N1 and the same applies, b-day in July, already planted the seed a month ago.

Back