Need help looking for an Si

fwam boy

Hi everyone, I've been roaming around this forum and finally decided to register.

Finally onto my point, I test drove the '15 Si sedan and fell in love with it. Once we got to the numbers they wanted me to pay 27,880 + taxes. The lowest I got was 24,880 plus + taxes which came to 28,878.

At another local dealership, they have a '14 Si sedan with 830 already on the odometer. They said that the car was driven to a car show. The only discount they could give me was removing the mark up which would be 23,580 + taxes.

I've seen that people got their 9th gen Si's for 22.5 otd which is what im trying to get.

For the rest of you 9th gen owners, how did you guys negotiate or what did you guys say? Thank you so much. Hope to be a member of the 9th gen community soon!

Note: my area code is 91006, I live in So Cal.

Have you tried using true car? I know it skins stupid but the dealer couldn't believe the price it gave me and they had to honor it. Try it with your zip and see what it says.

Have you tried using true car? I know it skins stupid but the dealer couldn't believe the price it gave me and they had to honor it. Try it with your zip and see what it says.
I tried to, but using it against the 2015 model didn't help. So far, there aren't any reports.

Happen to have a membership to sams club / costco? They offer a car buying service to members that users have said they had great success with. Another option is traveling. It may sound nuts, but some have literally flown or driven to other dealers hours away for deals. A plane ticket that cost a few hundred to save 3k on the purchase price of a car has been done here as well.

The lowest I got was 24,880 plus + taxes which came to 28,878.
This can't be. That'd be 4k in sales tax... or almost 20% tax. Did they have anything in writing for you that you currently have? Can you post their written offer?

Happen to have a membership to sams club / costco? They offer a car buying service to members that users have said they had great success with. Another option is traveling. It may sound nuts, but some have literally flown or driven to other dealers hours away for deals. A plane ticket that cost a few hundred to save 3k on the purchase price of a car has been done here as well.

This can't be. That'd be 4k in sales tax... or almost 20% tax. Did they have anything in writing for you that you currently have? Can you post their written offer?
29xjkvk.jpg

Sorry webby, forgot to include dealer fees, etc.. not completely all tax.

1fcz8i.jpg

This is the 2014 Si, it has 838 miles on it and it was scratched at an auto show. The previous owner did not get approved. The only discount they gave me was removing the markup.

In reality the price is 24,880 + tax. Unfortunately, you have a 9% sales tax rate where some other users may have 5% sales tax, so you can't compare apples to apples. What you can look at is the pre tax price, which is above msrp. That's not normal for the area according to truecar. I don't know how old you are, but the dealer may have just been trying to take advantage of a "kid" to see if they could sell a car. They want too much. This is from your area (or should be)....

2015.png

=======

The other price you see on the sheet is the total finance price. That means what you'll end up paying after the interest on the loan. People usually don't post those prices, so you can basically ignore that. Everyone will have a different interest rate based on their credit score etc.

$23,910 is the base si sedan msrp = window sticker price. You should be shooting for mid 22k to high 22k range.

Since the 2015 literally just started hitting dealership lots, they may try to hold out for higher prices. My advice - shop around.

One thing to try with true car:

Since a lot of dealers hate them.....

Have a friend get a true car quote for a particular dealer. Go there with it and ask if they can match or beat that price. Since the quote isn't for you they don't have to tell true car about it and can give you the same price without paying out their "true car" commission on the sale. Some places will do it just to stick it to true car. You end up with the price you want and if they don't, go get your own quote and go back and say hey, you had your chance, now I get the same price and you still lose more.

It's evil but hey, it's legal.

TrueCar makes money by charging a dealer $299 for each successful new-car transaction and $399 for each used car sold through the service.

volume of sales moves inventory / increases bonuses

Yup. Kinda depends on volume dealer or not but is just another tool for you to try and get a good price. It's kinda hard to get a great price on brand new model year cars though.

In reality the price is 24,880 + tax. Unfortunately, you have a 9% sales tax rate where some other users may have 5% sales tax, so you can't compare apples to apples. What you can look at is the pre tax price, which is above msrp. That's not normal for the area according to truecar. I don't know how old you are, but the dealer may have just been trying to take advantage of a "kid" to see if they could sell a car. They want too much. This is from your area (or should be)....

View attachment 42645

=======

The other price you see on the sheet is the total finance price. That means what you'll end up paying after the interest on the loan. People usually don't post those prices, so you can basically ignore that. Everyone will have a different interest rate based on their credit score etc.

$23,910 is the base si sedan msrp = window sticker price. You should be shooting for mid 22k to high 22k range.

Since the 2015 literally just started hitting dealership lots, they may try to hold out for higher prices. My advice - shop around.
Hm, I might just wait around December... maybe even till March.

One thing to try with true car:

Since a lot of dealers hate them.....

Have a friend get a true car quote for a particular dealer. Go there with it and ask if they can match or beat that price. Since the quote isn't for you they don't have to tell true car about it and can give you the same price without paying out their "true car" commission on the sale. Some places will do it just to stick it to true car. You end up with the price you want and if they don't, go get your own quote and go back and say hey, you had your chance, now I get the same price and you still lose more.

It's evil but hey, it's legal.
I'll try doing this. Should I do it a truecar certified dealer?

I think they are the only ones that will take it seriously but it's worth a shot anywhere.

California sales tax is rough. When I lived in vegas,I would buy my cars in st.george Utah because the sales tax was less. Obviously your not paying a lot of interest,but extending the terms might bring it.down a tad.
Per $1000 is roughly 20+/- on your payment. As a member said in a previous post,dealers are unlikely to negotiate with you on a brand new car let alone a car that most dealers have limited supplies of.
I just got two 2015 civics a week ago,. They took $1000 of her ex,and wouldn't budge a dime on my si.
On a side note,don't let the dealer guilt you into how they aren't making any money on the car and the salesman is only getting a $50 commission or "mini". Dealers get "dealer holdbacks", where the manufacturer gives the dealer anywhere from $500-1000 per car sold even if below msrp.
Always check outside financing too. They love when you use their creditors.
Good luck and enjoy!

I paid msrp for my 2015 Si coupe. 23k and some change. I tried to haggle them but they weren't having it so I left. I went home to look for more si's and realized that there was only one other si in the whole state of ct and it was listed even higher and didn't have the splash guards/pinstripe/floormat package like the one I looked at. Plus it was white and the one I looked at was orange which I really like. Nothing against white or anything to all you white lovers. But anyway when I saw that there was no other Si's in my whole state not even 14's I said eff it and just agreed to pay msrp oh well no regrets

Back