Need some advice on a downpipe and falshpro???????

Kiggamaxwell

I have a 2012 Honda civic si with K&n intake and skunk2 exhaust.

I am looking to purchase either a full race or Rv6 catted downpipe. I wanted catted version to pass emissions and to reduce exhaust smells.

I heard you need flashpro to notice gains. Can I install the downpipe and later get a flashpro?

Im not familiar with a flashpro never used it before.

Can I install the downpipe and later get a flashpro?
Yes, you can. The car will run a lot better with the flashpro & a tune/etune though. Vitviper/vittuned is a vendor here that most users have used to remotely tune their car by sending data logs through email.

Yes, you can. The car will run a lot better with the flashpro & a tune/etune though. Vitviper/vittuned is a vendor here that most users have used to remotely tune their car by sending data logs through email.
I know this might sound stupid but........If I bought flashpro from vitviper and tuned after its just plug and play???

You have to load the maps he sends you via email onto the flashpro from a Windows computer/laptop. Then plug the flashpro into your car and load the new map. I think that's what you're asking?

Yes its plug and play, Ive heard not to run any aftermarket parts without a tune because it makes the car run hotter and also I would suggest the full race dp its great quality, thats my setup.. And with the vittune you will notice a bigggg difference, you need to do like 30 or so calibrations with vit so he can get everything running perfect...

You have to load the maps he sends you via email onto the flashpro from a Windows computer/laptop. Then plug the flashpro into your car and load the new map. I think that's what you're asking?
yes. pretty much sums it up. thanks

Yes its plug and play, Ive heard not to run any aftermarket parts without a tune because it makes the car run hotter and also I would suggest the full race dp its great quality, thats my setup.. And with the vittune you will notice a bigggg difference, you need to do like 30 or so calibrations with vit so he can get everything running perfect...
did you have the dp first then flashpro? I'm going to install the dp then get a tune like month later.

did you have the dp first then flashpro? I'm going to install the dp then get a tune like month later.
If it is only going to be a month before tuning, then just wait to install the dp. The car will run like crap otherwise. At a minimum, run the ReFlash temporarily.

I had the dp in for a day before I got my first calibration from Vit, yeah I wouldnt suggest to run the dp a full month without a tune, and another suggestion if you want to gain more power get a 3.5" air intake Id recommend PRL.

The tune adjusts the air to fuel ratio from preset settings in the ECU. When you change the resistance of air going in/out of the engine, it can't compensate without a tune.
Without a tune, this can harm the engine because more air means you aren't spraying enough fuel on the pistons to keep them cool before the spark. Also, an incorrect air:fuel ratio means the engine isn't running optimally.

When I installed the sk2 dp/intake, then got a tune, I had a 70hp dip in power that had to be tuned out.

i jut installed my downpipe and invidia exhaust. I am running the flashpro tune for the PRL intake that i have. Another week or so I will be hitting up vic for my tune. Car runs fine without the full tune. Doesnt really feel any faster than stock. So i am def excited for this tune

The tune will bring it alive on the top end in most cases.
Changing the intake that has a different diameter will require the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor to be re-calibrated.

Yes man tune is everything to this cars!!! I had only the skunk2 intake and went for a tune and boom 25HP gain when tuned I went from 165HP to 190HP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back