need some help with cornering

Have you already installed a rear sway bar? If not I'd start with that.
The top tower strut support is not an obvious improvement, where the rear sway bar is.

The brace will help but not too much. I would do the sway bars first. I have the Eibach bars and it made a world of difference.

I was wondering when Megan Racing would release this.

I started with a RSB, as others have mentioned, and noticed and instant difference in handling. Especially on our 2012 FB2s where the stock RSB is a measly 11mm...

I just bought the Megan Racing strut bar lol :shhhh: The last suspension upgrade I need/want.

Like a broken record but, also what everyone else has said.

Start with the rear sway bar. Instant better cornering.

The civic chassis is very stiff in the front and the strut location is jammed up against the firewall. The strut brace will not add much in this area. You should spend your money elsewhere first. Also the plastic cowl hides the strut bar so you don't get the bling factor. If it was highly visible and you just liked the look I would say go for it. Unfortunately I think it's a miss on both counts in this case.

The ultimate limit of your cornering ability will be your tires.

EDIT: Marietta eh? If I can make it to the GA meet on Nov. 2nd and if you are there, you are more than welcome to take my car for a spin and get a feel for upgraded suspension parts.

I'll hopefully be there too, I've done all the suspension except the trunk brace.i know my car handles 100 percent better since I did everything, including tires. It's a expensive way to get the car how it should have been in the beginning, but it was better than buying a much more expensive car.i think the biggest change was HFP suspension, then eibach sways, everything else just added to the rigidity after.

if you want to improve your cornering, 1st thing is change your 8th gen lowering springs to a 9th gen... even it fits, it's a totally different set up. i had 8th gen springs & later switch to 9th gen springs, huge improvement.

2nd, larger rear sway bar (22mm if your 2012 & 24mm if your 2013)
3rd, fkx racing tower bar, megan is $30 cheaper, but it's a copy of the fkx, megan's bracket is weak & the bar is hollow.. a typical ebay type tower bar that's more for show than performance
4th, wider tires, 225/45-17 will improve your cornering

Back