New 2012 SI Owner..not new to civic

casualvic

Hello everyone Im currently in Kansas and just picked up a 2012 civic si 4 door, silver color. I won't post pics because its still stock and nothing special..so far. I love civics, I have owned a 91 dx grey 4 door, 93 hatch teal, 2000 2 door dx silver, 2000 beige 4 door ex, 2001 silver 4 door dx, 2007 4 door lx blue. These cars are very reliable and just fun to have. I am super excited to finally own an SI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I upgraded from a 2011 Prius, which the main reason was the lack of power and excitement!! I am very impressed on the interior of this thing! very SI oriented, seats are awesome! Although I am not super excited with the tail light design or rear wing. it reminds me of a chevy cobalt or something, eventually I will get use to it. The power is nice and so far the gas mileage is not bad if im not stepping on it. I do have an MSD ignition and coil sitting in the garage so im hoping this can go on this bad boy...help!! Im married with 3 kids so I dont see myself splurging on upgrades just yet...gotta save or put other toys on craigslist, lol. But I really want to lower it ( the wheel gap just baffles me!!) and possibly an air intake, HID's, tie bar. I hope to learn the mechanics of this car and just have a fun time driving it. Thanks for looking

welcome to 9th! :thumb:
Sounds like you've had your share of civics in the past. Any pics of your previous rides? You can still post pics of your stock setup -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/civic-color-specific-threads.33/

As for springs, H&R springs should be available very shortly. Orders are already being taken on some sites. Road magnet is fixing their design, and is supposedly going to have fixed springs in the next week or two. You can use any 8th generation civic si (2006-2011 civic) springs, but you just need to use the spring isolators from the 8th. Most people have paid like ~$40 for them, and then you can run any 8th spring. Or, you'll have 9th options here shortly.

HID's - are you thinking of doing a plug and play kit, or a full projector retrofit? You can see some that have been done here:
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/retrofit-headlight-installation.2530/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/custom-lightz-9th-generation-honda-civic-retrofit.2359/

Welcome to the forum! So happy that you finally got an Si!

I have to say, it's quite the upgrade from a Prius. My fiance's mum has one...and I've driven it.
Those things are like trying to drive a space shuttle shaped bumper car that is running low on batteries. I hate how far you are from the windshield. FREAKS ME OUT!!!

They just crawl without people knowing they're on. I had a group of kids walking right at me...not realizing I was waiting for them to move so that I could leave :rotfl:

Anyways, welcome :D

Welcome to the site..there's a great atmosphere here and everyone is really helpful...congrats on the car and looking forward to seeing what mods you do in the future

Back