New 2013 Si from Upstate NY...Kinda

bowler13joe

Upstate New York
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey everyone, I'm Joe, from Upstate NY. I just bought a new 2013 Rallye Red Si Sedan w/ summer tires, earlier today! I'm definitely not new to Honda or the forum, just to posting. Figured I'd post some pics of my old car and new car. I leased the old one, now I need 4 doors. Plus, the lease was far to expensive to buy out. I was an early adopter of the '12, so I basically paid MSRP for it. So, I got this one, instead!

Traded in: 2012 Civic Si Coupe w/ Nav
12 Side.jpg

For this: 2013 Civic Si Sedan w/ Summer tires (no nav)
13 Side.jpg

I always loved my '12 Si, but I needed a "family car." Indeed, this is my idea of a family car lol

Welcome! What part of NY? I just moved from Rochester to Kentucky.

Thanks! Haha I think my dealership got the car from another dealership around the Rochester area! I'm from the Utica/Rome area

Nice Si! I just got a 2013 sedan Si in black. I had a 2003 RSX type S but my new Si has lots more low end torque. I use to live in New Hartford and worked for GE on French Rd. Good luck with your new Si.

Thanks guys! I've always loved the Si. Actually, one of my first cars was a 1990 Civic Si Hatchback haha. I definitely love the low end torque. I test drove an EX first, but decided against it because I couldn't give up the power of the Si.

Nice Si! I just got a 2013 sedan Si in black. I had a 2003 RSX type S but my new Si has lots more low end torque. I use to live in New Hartford and worked for GE on French Rd. Good luck with your new Si.

I actually live in New Hartford haha. That's too funny!

Utica! Collinite! Hahaha a nice local wax company that makes a beast of a product. It's great for the NY winters to protect your car. Looks pretty darn good too. Collinite 845 insulator wax.

Anyone have any experience with door sills that are NOT illuminated? Just looking for a little protection from scuff marks, etc.

A couple things I've noticed between the '12 and the '13 are:
- The subwoofer was a lot louder and more prominent in the '12 (probably because it was a coupe)
- The ride is a LOT smoother in the '13, with less road noise, even from the tires (summer tires vs stock Michelin MXV4s)

Anyone else go through a set of those stock Michelins in like 15-20K? I swear, I had snows on my '12 for the two winters I owned it, and traded it in with 32K miles on it. I've never gone through a set of tires that quickly. I hope the summer tires last longer than that!

We just put our door sills on sale today(will be on sale all month long), so if you're interested in a set, now's a great time to pick some up. If you've got any questions, feel free to e-mail me!

Hey bowler13joe that's a sweet 13 SI. I'm a Yonkers boy originally and now in Florida.
I got a silver metallic SI 13 and I'm just loving this ride.

4e9ygepy.jpg

bydepaqa.jpg

Hey bowler13joe that's a sweet 13 SI. I'm a Yonkers boy originally and now in Florida.
I got a silver metallic SI 13 and I'm just loving this ride.

Back