New 2014 EX Sedan Owner!

Mercfh

Louisville, Ky
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
Im new to this site and to the new civics! Hello all!

Traded out my older 8th Gen 2006 Civic (She was a good one, ZERO problems) and picked up a brand new 2014 Sedan EX (taffeta white). I have one crappy picture unfortunatly though.

However, it's a blast to drive, I really love all the options on it, since my previous civic was barebones basically haha.

How are the newer 9th civics reliability wise? It's an auto-cvt so I worry about transmission problems the most, however I got the 8 year 100k warranty under honda-care, for quite a good price as well....so i guess if anything did happen...i'd be taken care of, hopefully won't see too many issues though, since my 2006 Civic literally had zero problems.

Also for some reason I can't seem to find a flash drive that works for the USB Music player....but besides that, great car so far!

Thanks!
20140223_230330.jpg

Im new to this site and to the new civics! Hello all!
How are the newer 9th civics reliability wise? It's an auto-cvt so I worry about transmission problems the most, however I got the 8 year 100k warranty under honda-care, for quite a good price as well....so i guess if anything did happen...i'd be taken care of, hopefully won't see too many issues though, since my 2006 Civic literally had zero problems.
Also for some reason I can't seem to find a flash drive that works for the USB Music player....but besides that, great car so far!
Thanks!

Welcome.... Great place to find out things about Civics'..... Of course the "14's" are new to us and things like the auto-cvt are on our list of "How-well-will-they-do"........? I haven't heard anything bad about them yet, so that's a good sign. I also heard they are a new design from any Honda has tried, which is a good thing as well(I think). I love the idea of the paddle shifters(though never drove one), and the constant drive works well on some of the higher end cars, but that's not to say Honda isn't using the 14's as a stepping stone to win more Honda owners, I'm sure they're working in that direction. Will like to hear what you think of it after you've had it awhile.

IIRC....... A better than "Cheap" flash drives work, but some don't, and it's a problem of the flash more so than the cars system. Kind of like cheap off brand camera cards.

Yeah the CVT scares me kinda, the sedan doesn't have paddle shifters unfortunately (The coupe's do) however Im honestly ok with that. Mainly I worry about Tranny reliability, since from what I can tell.....the engine is exactly the same. the 14' came out officially in Dec 4th I believe right? So this is brand spanking new lol.

Regardless...it's a Honda...so i feel i'll be ok. Plus I got a great deal on the 100k/7year warranty through Hondacare. Otherwise have the 12's and 13's been ok reliability wise?

Thanks!

Yes..... I have a '12 EX Coupe(20k miles), and love it...... No problems, and mine gets great mpg's....... I saw a '14 Coupe EX at the dealer while I was getting my 20k service..... things I saw it had vs's mine was a closing door compartment over the console, and a sliding c-armrest(they came out in '13). It looked like a "D" & "S" selector(drive or sport I'm guessing) then it had the coupe shift paddles. Plus the back-up camera & side view camera.

Anyway, I've been here about 1 & a half years, and from what I've followed our ex engines are solid reliable.

welcome man your gonna love the car!

Back