New drag/street setup.

I know the wheel is a great one for price, weight, and strength. I know nothing of drag tires. I do remember something about a lot of people running 15x8 Rota Grids (? maybe grids?) for front drag slicks. Depends on caliper clearance too. Super light and cheaper than the RPF1. Im pretty useless for drag stuff though.

I know the wheel is a great one for price, weight, and strength. I know nothing of drag tires. I do remember something about a lot of people running 15x8 Rota Grids (? maybe grids?) for front drag slicks. Depends on caliper clearance too. Super light and cheaper than the RPF1. Im pretty useless for drag stuff though.
I'm already using the rotas lol. I hate the look of them though so I want to switch to enkei rpf1. I just want to make sure this is a good combo to look identical to bat I have now.
image.jpeg

I'm already using the rotas lol. I hate the look of them though so I want to switch to enkei rpf1. I just want to make sure this is a good combo to look identical to bat I have now.
View attachment 51239
If you're just wanting to know if they'll keep your speedo in check or look the same....What at the specs on those wheels/tires?

cleaned up my mess from before. 235/50-15 was your old rota set. If you're doing a 16" & want your speedo to be in line with what you have now -

235/45-16
245/40 or 45 -16 (both kind of close)
255/40-16

the width of the tire contact patch is different in those examples, but the diameter would be very close to your setup.

This shows a side by side of the two setups, and you can see how much each one would alter your speed etc.
https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Thanks web, so just to confirm with my rota setup right now is my speedo way off?

Thanks web, so just to confirm with my rota setup right now is my speedo way off?

Yes your rota setup is fine compared to stock.

When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 59.1mph (95.2km/h): 1.5% slower.

Yes your rota setup is fine compared to stock.

When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 59.1mph (95.2km/h): 1.5% slower.
Thanks a ton webby I'm going to see if Mickey Thompson has anything in that size....see how these 15" rota look tiny lol time to change it up!
image.jpeg

Last edited:
265/40-16's ?
265's are 10.4 inches wide though

your rota setup is 9.3" wide, so I don't know if you'd have enough to clear those others.

265/40-16's ?
265's are 10.4 inches wide though

your rota setup is 9.3" wide, so I don't know if you'd have enough to clear those others.
Yeah it's already a wee bit tight with these 235 but I know I can squeeze 255's in I just need to find the right tire.

Yeah it's already a wee bit tight with these 235 but I know I can squeeze 255's in I just need to find the right tire.
You will have better tire options in a 15" or 17" wheel. Maybe do the 17x8 rpf1? Honestly I think your current setup is perfect.

Also I think it was discussed in another thread but when it comes to straight line traction. A wider tread width is not the most important factor.

Back