New drag/street setup.

You will have better tire options in a 15" or 17" wheel. Maybe do the 17x8 rpf1? Honestly I think your current setup is perfect.

Also I think it was discussed in another thread but when it comes to straight line traction. A wider tread width is not the most important factor.
I love my current setup. I just wish I could find an enkei rpf1 size 15 to swap the rotas with.

Check the Miata forums. Those guys are always clamoring for 14/15" wheels. They sometimes post when they know some will be available. I think enkei only occasionally makes/releases those sizes.

255/50 is too tall of a sidewall. Throws your speedo off 5.5%.

Just found some toyo r888 255/50/16 , what do you think?

1. r888 is an autocross tire and while DOT compliant, not recommended for the street. not sure this would be good at the drag strip
2. 255/50/16 is getting pretty big compared to stock. 26" tall vs 24.6" stock. speedo will be way off and fitment will get harder

r888s aren't bad thought while it is a autocross tire I have two people I know that have them on there k swapped 6th gens that are well into the 700hp realm and absolutely love them and have no problem with them using them on either

r888s aren't bad thought while it is a autocross tire I have two people I know that have them on there k swapped 6th gens that are well into the 700hp realm and absolutely love them and have no problem with them using them on either
Yeah I'm using them now and they're awsome. Grip really good.

Back