New guy here...well kinda.

babbo

Columbia, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
What's up everyone...new guy here to 9th Gen.

Had an '08 Nighthawk Black Pearl Si Coupe that I traded in towards a '13 Focus ST which as of 3/17 turned into a '15 Civic EX in Alablaster Silver.

I'm familiar with a lot of the 8th gen info, just starting to get my feet wet here!

welcome to the site. What caused the transition from the other cars?

Traded the Si for the FoST because I've been in a Honda forever and wanted to switch it up...plus the styling and power were super enticing. I liked the car but wasn't in love with it, had some bad luck with a recall on the engine wiring harness and some other small quirks. For being a 4-cyl the gas mileage was atrocious, I had to really TRY to get 20 MPG and I didn't ALWAYS drive it like I stole it. ;)

Definitely had some features that I liked like all four automatic up/down windows, but I constantly had my 08 in the back of my mind. I was originally gonna go with a '15 Si Sedan but as I was cruising around the lot, I saw the EPA estimates on the new EX with CVT and kinda changed my mind into an "All show, no go" mode. Test drove it, loved it, and crunched the numbers. Extended my term by a year, got $1500 more than I owed on the FoST and was rolling down the road in the EX sedan.

I already like it a lot more from a comfort while driving standpoint and can't wait to get some of small stuff ordered for it that'll make her look pretty.

Welcome. Thats quite the transition! Hope you like the new car a lot. Let us know what you think about driving with the CVT compared to the manuals you had prior. It probably takes some getting used to but I bet the mileage is a nice bonus.

Got my plans started...

JDM Red H's - Ordered.
Window visors - Contemplating...can't decide which ones I like better...
H&R Springs - Ordered.
20% Tint all-around - Appointment made.

2004-2005 EP3 16" Wheels - AS SOON AS I CAN FIND THEM! (Probably powdercoat them black.)

Future plans:
Hybrid trunk spoiler.
Fog Lights and DRL w/ Yellow Nokya bulbs.

Back