new head unit question.

C 007

Sunny So. Cal
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Coupe
Is possible to the factory steering wheel controls and mic by the map lights when changing to a new head unit? Has anyone got this to work?

Is it possible to still use the factory steering wheel controls and microphone in a 2012 Si when replacing stock for aftermarket head unit.

Is it possible to still use the factory steering wheel controls and microphone in a 2012 Si when replacing stock for aftermarket head unit.
You need a harness for the steering wheel controls to work. Not sure about the mic as I have not tried to use it yet.

PAC is the best now for sw controls,but no go on the mic.the sw controls are not 100 percent yet,I've made 2 calls to both that make them and both said they will be 100 percent soon,just not a lot of interest to push them to the top of priority.iv you bet a nav unit remember you need to run two antennas also. This is why I'm waiting for now.

FYI....... The mic is not in the SW , but up top between the sun shades(if that makes any difference to what you're trying to accomplish .... just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm sure a good installer could install the mic in its current location with the one the new unit gives you,but I've been told the factory one is not compatible with aftermarket units.when I get my new head I'm going to get it done that way,I'm in no hurry I want a cool xm antenna( shark fin) and compatability with swc at 100 percent with no delay,I can survive without IMID audio display,but the others are a must have.With two strong sales years now I'm sure better is coming.Its probably next years project now though.

Thanks for the input. There's so many stereo places here in San Diego. I've talked with 2 so far and I have come to the conclusion that these are the only 2 that might be retarded. They haven't been able to explain much more than, "I believe we can make it work."

^"I can survive without IMID audio display," This brings me to my last noob question: Am I going to lose my imid by changing the HU?

Thanks for the input. There's so many stereo places here in San Diego. I've talked with 2 so far and I have come to the conclusion that these are the only 2 that might be retarded. They haven't been able to explain much more than, "I believe we can make it work."

^"I can survive without IMID audio display," This brings me to my last noob question: Am I going to lose my imid by changing the HU?

The only thing you lose with the iMid is the radio information display feature. It stays as a screen while scrolling through, but it is blank(black).

Call me old(fashion), but I'd be holding off on whatever the mod is, till it is perfected before changing it, especially electronics.

Yea just the audio info,I'm almost sure that the source button on the SW is one of the things that works too.It won't be too long until someone figures it out.

I agree with monk,there is no way Im paying big money for audio that will only work half azz,then next year there is everything 100 percent compatible.

Back