New member with a 2013 white Civic Si

silversilvia

Hello everyone, seems like a great site here so i wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up a 2013 Civic Si sedan a couple of weeks ago and have put on about 750 miles so far. I am really into autocross and haven't been able to run for the past year due to baby/relocating. looking to get back into it but still needed a car to haul my kid around and do DD duties well so i was toying between the civic and the mazdaspeed3 - long story short hated the interior on the MS3 and my large car seat wouldn't allow a passenger in rear facing mode in the MS3 so it was an easy decision.

never autocrossed a FWD before, but i have a good respect on what a properly set up car can do so i am excited to take it to an event!

anyways here is the car:

mods are going to be light and accordance with scca rules, so far i have:

factory options:
tint
protection package (all weather mats, mud guard, wheel locks)

added since purchase:
225/45/17 RE-11 (closeout on tire rack) on stock wheels
scan gauge from my previous car - i hate the fact we don't have a temperature gauge
shift knob from my S2000
24mm progress adjustable rear sway bar
spray on paint defender on bumper/leading edge of hood

future:
aggressive alignment
light weight battery

Very nice. You'll like that car. Is the aftermarket suspension allowed in that event?

Very nice. You'll like that car. Is the aftermarket suspension allowed in that event?

You can do as much as you can but u may get bumped up a class and not really fit in there.

My first autox car was a miata and I had stuff done prior to autox and the header which didn't add anything on that car bumped me up to a street prepared class which my car did not belong in. My next car was an s2000 which I prepped to the STR class rules and had more fun (although still getting my butt kicked)

So my plans with this car is to start out fairly stock and see where it fits in the best.

Very nice. When is the first event you'll be taking the civic?

Welcome & congratulations on a great choice! :wavey:

I too got a set of RE-11 tires on the cheap.

I look forward to seeing pics of your autox activities. I'm sure you and k757 (another autocrosser) will have much to discuss.

Congrats on a great choice I love the color i was gonna go with that color but changed my mind last min... enjoy it!

put 800 miles on the car, really like it as DD duty with occasionally spirited driving here and there. makes me miss my S2000 (sort of kind of reminds me of driving that car)

thinking of debadging the civic/ivtec sticker and maybe the SI badges if they arent too hard to get off

thinking of debadging the civic/ivtec sticker and maybe the SI badges if they arent too hard to get off

Badges will come off really easy with some floss and then use some lighter fluid to removed the residue. Use a hair dryer to get the iVtec stickers off. A little trickier due to the amount of heat required to loosen the adhesive and trying not to cook your hand in the process. Follow up again with lighter fluid.

Badges will come off really easy with some floss and then use some lighter fluid to removed the residue. Use a hair dryer to get the iVtec stickers off. A little trickier due to the amount of heat required to loosen the adhesive and trying not to cook your hand in the process. Follow up again with lighter fluid.

thanks, does the front Si bade require removal of bumper to get behind it? i think first step is the "civic" and ivtec sticker coming off. thanks for the tip

thanks, does the front Si bade require removal of bumper to get behind it? i think first step is the "civic" and ivtec sticker coming off. thanks for the tip

I haven't actually taken a close look at it to be honest.

Hello everyone, seems like a great site here so i wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up a 2013 Civic Si sedan a couple of weeks ago and have put on about 750 miles so far. I am really into autocross and haven't been able to run for the past year due to baby/relocating. looking to get back into it but still needed a car to haul my kid around and do DD duties well so i was toying between the civic and the mazdaspeed3 - long story short hated the interior on the MS3 and my large car seat wouldn't allow a passenger in rear facing mode in the MS3 so it was an easy decision.

never autocrossed a FWD before, but i have a good respect on what a properly set up car can do so i am excited to take it to an event!

anyways here is the car:

mods are going to be light and accordance with scca rules, so far i have:

factory options:
tint
protection package (all weather mats, mud guard, wheel locks)

added since purchase:
225/45/17 RE-11 (closeout on tire rack) on stock wheels
scan gauge from my previous car - i hate the fact we don't have a temperature gauge
shift knob from my S2000
24mm progress adjustable rear sway bar
spray on paint defender on bumper/leading edge of hood

future:
aggressive alignment
light weight battery
instead of the lightweight battery, you'd be better off relocating the battery, and even then... ehhhh
For weight savings and to remain in RTF (road tire stock FWD), you can have one sway and get lightweight wheels (as long as the offset is within 2 mm (i think) and same diameter. If going to nationals, any body paneling and even removing decals could DQ you if someone wanted to be a dick.

You can upgrade anything and everything, and will be placed in the correct class. Granted, if you go into the wrong class, the car can be outclassed quickly when entering highly mod'd classes.

instead of the lightweight battery, you'd be better off relocating the battery, and even then... ehhhh
For weight savings and to remain in RTF (road tire stock FWD), you can have one sway and get lightweight wheels (as long as the offset is within 2 mm (i think) and same diameter. If going to nationals, any body paneling and even removing decals could DQ you if someone wanted to be a dick.

Thanks. I am always running mid pack in raw time locally. So i am not the greatest driver. But certainly better when what I was. But safe to say I have no worried about nationals :)

Looks like si's are not allowed in STF, and will have to go in STX. I want to go into a street touring since I want a little more modification that stock class allows. In STX I'll be chasing RX-8 or ??? (325i are popular here locally). But chasing a beating a faster car with better driving is kind of the whole reason I like auto crossing to begin with!

First event this Sunday. Will report my out come!

Back