New to Honda and Cars

slapnuts

Triad, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Well I've been lurking for a couple weeks now and I guess I need to go ahead and say hello. First time Honda owner and this is also my first car. My first vehicle was a 96 Ford Exploder that I drove for about 6 years/ 150K miles and my second was an 01 Toyota Tacoma that I have racked up about 325K on so far. Gas mileage was getting to be too much so I wanted a car as a daily and to keep the Taco for other things.

7a97d40e.jpg

I looked at a few different cars but ultimately kept coming back to the Civic. I have to say I was hooked after the first test drive with the Si. Had 60 miles sitting on the floor...

IMG_20140802_104746_zps1168b875.jpg

Brought her home on the 9th of this month and have been loving every minute. I Have no regrets in any way about getting this:):brock:

PANO_20140809_153433_zps0f94f125.jpg

Fast forward to yesterday and I get this...

:(

0825141404_zps7b9883b2.jpg

0825141405_zps5f586818.jpg

I'm so sad I don't know whether to cuss or cry :sadbanana::pout::sadface::( or both...

Well I've been lurking for a couple weeks now and I guess I need to go ahead and say hello. First time Honda owner and this is also my first car. My first vehicle was a 96 Ford Exploder that I drove for about 6 years/ 150K miles and my second was an 01 Toyota Tacoma that I have racked up about 325K on so far. Gas mileage was getting to be too much so I wanted a car as a daily and to keep the Taco for other things.

7a97d40e.jpg

I looked at a few different cars but ultimately kept coming back to the Civic. I have to say I was hooked after the first test drive with the Si. Had 60 miles sitting on the floor...

IMG_20140802_104746_zps1168b875.jpg

Brought her home on the 9th of this month and have been loving every minute. I Have no regrets in any way about getting this:):brock:

PANO_20140809_153433_zps0f94f125.jpg

Fast forward to yesterday and I get this...

:(

0825141404_zps7b9883b2.jpg

0825141405_zps5f586818.jpg

I'm so sad I don't know whether to cuss or cry :sadbanana::pout::sadface::( or both...

Looks like the Tacoma got jealous.

Fortunately, it was only the doors that took the damage (aside from some scuffing on the wheel well).

lol yeah I'm trying not to ignore her... My parents have been borrowing it to haul things around so it's still getting use.

Forgot to add that nobody was hurt so that was the main thing. That's the side my kid seat is on but he wasn't with me.

I'm hoping they will replace the whole door and not try to just put new skins on. The rear rim has some slight damage as well and I'm hoping they will replace it too.

Haven't even made the first payment yet :(

That's just rough! Hopefully everything goes good for you from here on. I drive my Si pretty hard sometimes but I don't know what I would do if I or someone else scraped up my baby like that.

Thanks!

Having to choose where to take it for repairs now and having a hard time choosing. The party at fault has Geico and I can use one of their two approved local shops or take it to a local Honda dealer that I have been referred to by a friend because they supposedly do great work?

Torn...

anywhere on the board I can post so some locals may help?

Thanks, that's what I'm leaning toward. I would like to give them the go ahead to move it today.

It's at a dealer. Waiting to find out what the repairs are going to be.

Rental
0825141808_zps7962406b.jpg

Thanks!

Having to choose where to take it for repairs now and having a hard time choosing. The party at fault has Geico and I can use one of their two approved local shops or take it to a local Honda dealer that I have been referred to by a friend because they supposedly do great work?

Torn...

anywhere on the board I can post so some locals may help?

Thankfully I have some experience.... I had a car totaled recently and I had Geico. I was 0% at fault but the other insurance company (I've never heard of) Tried to debate.... Geico let me take the car anywhere I wanted in the interm.... They were going to fix it if I wanted to.... but suggested I actually total it because the airbag did deploy SO I did decide to total it. Geico actually foot the bull for me and got me taken care of in 6 days.... The parts they were going to let me use were genuine parts to the car.... But I still decided to total it. It's been 2 months and the other Insurance company is still trying to fight it. Geico told me not to worry about it because I wasn't cited.

Edit: As a side note... Geico, from what I hear, is really good in terms of shops. They will even cover up to 1,000 dollars of un documented aftermarket parts as well. But will cover all documented aftermarket parts that are registered with your insurance company or theirs.

Here in Columbus Ohio there is a local body shop that talks REALLY poorly about many insurance companies like Allstate but they like working with Geico because they let them use factory parts and not knockoff **** because it's cheaper. They are also NOT a Geico Express location.

Update. Damages are up to about $5,200. Getting new Honda metal now and hopefully going into paint the first of next week if not this week. Can't wait to get her back!!!
0901141016_zpsedff0fe3.jpg

0901141001a_zps619626f8.jpg

0901140950_zps44d4e55c.jpg

Sorry to hear about your new car :(
My '12 got hit on the rear quarter panel by a dump truck on the highway when it was only 6 months old. I was pretty annoyed! :mad: I've moved on to a '14 now which I love!
Glad to see you're getting it repaired properly.
One thing to think about. When I traded in my 2012, I took a hit on the value of my car because of the accident. I think the person who hit you should somehow be responsible for making up that difference. It's not fair that we take a hit for something that's not our fault. Not sure how to achieve that other than suing the person.

Thanks

Glad you're loving your 14.

From what I understand the insurance company should be giving me a payout for depreciated/diminished value. I just don't know how much or what percentage? I'm trying to do some digging on that now so I'll be ready.

That's one of the only nice things about New York State - GAP Insurance. It covers the difference between what the car is worth and what you owe on it. Comes standard in this state with a loan/lease through Honda Financial Services. Pretty cool

Back