New Year, New ride... 13' Fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the greens on my mothers pilot at one point. They were eh.. really only OEM replacements. The stoptech performance would be better for the type of driving you do, but you won't die with the Greens lol

Reactions: Nix
Rotax has made me a convert to the cult of pbr/axxis ultimates. Horribly dusty but man they are nice.

Looking for other brake pads but might stick with the Greens since I got them for $45 shipped.

Good news: I finally sold the Accord retro....and keeping the HID kit for future use.

Bad news: Money is already spent.

Where are pics of the springs on? You tease!

Haha....had a couple thing pop up this weekend and had tickets to the Carolina Panthers preseason game on Subday. Install will happen this weekend.

Nice. I plan to lower mine soon. Like you mentioned its a good mod visual and driving wise it's a win! Two for the price of 1

I hate when tools break.....stupid jack broke/would not go up the entire stroke. So no spring install today.....

Also, why did Honda put the front center jack point behind the engine?

I hate when tools break.....stupid jack broke/would not go up the entire stroke. So no spring install today.....

Also, why did Honda put the front center jack point behind the engine?

Don't get your jack at harbor freight.

I didn't.....not sure where the one I had came from. Might borrow one from my dad to get this done tomorrow.

Bet it came from China. I use an old Lincoln floor jack made in 'murrica and it has never given me problems.

Sorry to hear bud. Hope things go a little smoother tomorrow. I had the same thing happen with my low profile craftsman not too long ago, I have yet to buy another ( been using my pops) lol. Time to get a new one.

Man....cant catch a break. Got the jack from my parents and grab a couple other small tools. Get home and get ready to lift the car.....phone rings. It's my realtor telling me I have 2 showings at my house.

Good for me, bad for the car. Might try to squeeze in the work after the second showing.... :/

Been there done that. The springs aren't going anywhere and I'm sure the showings are more important.

Hopefully you get it done soon. I've been sitting on my some mods for about 6+ months so I know how life gets in the way! Good luck this week.

Well....got the front done and put in new brake pads. What a pain in the FRIGGIN ARSE!!!!!! Such small spaces to work with. I should of followed my gut and just ripped out the cowling. Ended up having to do so to find a lost nut.

I utterly hate how the Fit does not have the "traditional" 3 bolt/nut top hat like the Civics and pretty much any car I worked on. Well, wouldn't hate it so much if I would of removed the cowling first and then the entire wiper assembly on the drivers side...lol. Pics below will explain better.

This is the pass side, popped of the little door with is maybe 3 inches tall. Took me 6 turns of the ratcheting wrench(which I had to run out and buy since my 17mm had disappeared) to make one full rotation on the nut. Took me 20 mins to remove the nut after it broke loose

This is the drivers side, same little door is off. Wiper assembly and brake fluid cap create space issues. Took 30 mins to get the nut off after it broke loose
IMG_1394_zpsb901c86e.jpg

Since there is almost no room on the drivers side, I ended up pushing the nut behind the strut location. Messed around for a bit to try to fish it out and ended up pushing it further back! FAIL! Removed cowling and wiper assembly to finally get the important nut. Wasted about an hour!!!
IMG_1395_zps6a88762d.jpg

Yeah, majorly sucked but once I put the wheels back on and lowered the car.......worth all the damn headaches!

Front after a little drive to bed-in the pads.....I think it was a 3-4 finger gap before.
IMG_1396_zps6b5395df.jpg

Just a little shorter.....lol I'm digging the purple
IMG_1389_zpsa39bc5c6.jpg

IMG_1390_zpsfab3d8fd.jpg

Eventually I will do a comparison shot against this one.
IMG_1100_zps908eda0b.jpg

Probably will have time to wrap up the rears tomorrow. Right now I wave the muscle car lean towards the front. You can def tell in the car, lol.

Last edited:
Ugh.....still miss this bugger. Everytime I see another ZHP I think that I should of kept mine.....

CIMG3832.jpg

Probably should've, other than the potential rear subframe issues they're pretty solid cars. I almost bought a 330i sport 6spd for $5900 but it needed some work and maintenance, for less my RS was pretty much ready to go, other than the mods and stuff I found.

Probably should've, other than the potential rear subframe issues they're pretty solid cars. I almost bought a 330i sport 6spd for $5900 but it needed some work and maintenance, for less my RS was pretty much ready to go, other than the mods and stuff I found.

I had put like $2k into the car and prob needed another 2 grand more. Decieded I should let it go......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back