Newcomer with intake question

K1LABUSH

Hey whatsup guys, just bought a 2012 4 door black Si after having a fiji blue fg2 for 6 years. I'm looking to get an intake and I'm wondering which to get. My last Si I had an AEM short ram and it was awesome, but it threw the check engine light on and off all the time. I'm trying to avoid the CEL in it's entirety. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vitviper has said the only intake providing gains is the prl motormotorsports cold air intake. Welcome to the forum.

The PRL SRI also showed some gains in his last round of tests. Both intakes will require FlashPro.

All other intakes will provide no gains and possibly cause a loss in power.

I was looking at the Injen Short Ram, which says it provides a maximum 16+ hp gain and 13+ hp gain. If I don't get the Flashpro, you're saying I will indeed lose power?

I'm reading a post from Webby on here saying anything over 3.5" requires the Flashpro because the MAF readings will shut the engine off, if I get a regular 3" will I not create more power?

Don't ever believe the "up to" claims by manufacturers and their "independent" testers. Vit has hundreds, if not over 1,000, 8th and 9th gen Civics. He has done real world tests to come to his conclusions.

Only 3.5" intakes will provide gains.

Alright so there's no way I can afford to get a flashpro, I don't want to do any relocations during installation, and I only want a SRI. So I won't be getting any power gains, wonderful. Anyway, if I do go this basic route, what do you recommend, AEM, Injen, or K&N?

Another question...
My 2.0 used to pop real hard when I put my AEM short ram in at 5800rpms, and it was the greatest thing ever lol do these 2.4L not have lift or that vtec pop anymore?

Prl short ram intake doesn't require battery location. Buy flashpro first and then intake. Do it the right way from the beginning. Our k24 engine doesn't have vtec exhaust cam. I have q300 exhaust plus PRL short ram intake and the Vtec crossover is really loud now.

A lot of people do a k&n drop in and a silicone intake hose. I think it's made by hps? Not positive though.

Prl short ram intake doesn't require battery location. Buy flashpro first and then intake. Do it the right way from the beginning. Our k24 engine doesn't have vtec exhaust cam. I have q300 exhaust plus PRL short ram intake and the Vtec crossover is really loud now.

Nice thinking of going that way and possibly a 3" exhaust instead like full race or ktuned I noticed the Q300 hangs a little low in the mid pipe section

Nice thinking of going that way and possibly a 3" exhaust instead like full race or ktuned I noticed the Q300 hangs a little low in the mid pipe section

It does indeed. I'm not really concerned with that since my car is only 1.2" lowered. I know some folks that are 2"+ low and their exhaust scrape. :help:

Back