no exhaust manifold?

2013_Si_Guy

Pasco, wa
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So i was at work yesterday performing an oil change and rotate on my car (gotta love working as a service tech and having access to a lift) when I was doing an inspection I noticed that the exhaust manifold is integrated into the head. I was surprised. I guess that is why people are putting such emphasis on changing out the dp. What was honda thinking putting a 90 degree angle at the bottom of the dp? Crazy!

I guess that is why people are putting such emphasis on changing out the dp.
you're removing 2 catalytic converters.... or 1 converter if you go with a downpipe/high flow cat combo. That is freeing up a ton of hp/tq

Right?! So what about the exhaust manifold being integrated in with the head. I guess it saves me money now that I don't have to buy a header. All those dp dyno numbers do you think those are accurate? Ifso I need to j7mp on the bandwagon and grab one.

Right?! So what about the exhaust manifold being integrated in with the head. I guess it saves me money now that I don't have to buy a header. All those dp dyno numbers do you think those are accurate? Ifso I need to j7mp on the bandwagon and grab one.

It is most likely purely a cost consideration on Honda's part. There is no reason to believe that hp numbers are not accurate. Replacing the stock dp removes a ton of restriction.

Yeah the bubblegum welds and the turns hold back a lot. Its a great investment. From what I have read they integrated the header to the head to compensate for bottom end torque.

I plan on getting flashpro in the next 2 months. Would anything happen if I go catless on a stock tune? What dp would be best to go with. I want to make sure im not going to have to deal with cracking...

You'll get a CEL without flash pro or a defouler

Last edited:
A lot of kits include defoulers I've seen... I plan on running my stock exhaust for a little while. Is the dp a direct replacement for the stock dp or will some modifying be necessary? Ohh btw guys I really appreciate all your help and info. Its better that I find out from those who have "been there and done that"

Is the dp a direct replacement for the stock dp or will some modifying be necessary? Ohh btw guys I really appreciate all your help and info. Its better that I find out from those who have "been there and done that"
Yes it is a direct bolt on.
And that's what we're here for!
Tell your friends

Back