No Spoiler ?

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Need some opinions on this I took the spoiler off for the hell of it to how much of a difference it would make appearance wise it looks much cleaner the pic actually does it no justice.
photo_2(7).JPG

ya your car looks different for shure, havent taken my off yet, but i kinda like the oe Honda accessory wing offered, its only about an inch high so it looks pretty clean, compared to the stock style wing

Attachments

• 2013-honda-civic-sedan-trunk-spoiler.jpg
    2013-honda-civic-sedan-trunk-spoiler.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 43
I just gotta find something that will correctly fill the holes. I don't wanna get them filled or repainted in case I feel like putting it back on.

You can also pick up some cap plugs that will work from a local hardware store, just make sure u get some with a slightly oversized od so it will seal nicely, that way u can just pop them out when u want another wing on there.

I will give both ideas a shot and see what works best. I gotta be honest it really does look like a different car with no spoiler it's growing on me fast and now you can actually see my 9thcivic sticker on the back window lol

I will have an update on this in a little while It actually worked out pretty well I found the perfect plugs at Napa that fit every hole in the trunk aside from the one that the light wire comes through but I was able to modify the plug with some electrical tape so it fits flush

Okay so I did the mod because I had nothing else to do today and quite honestly I wanted to change the look of my car a little and I'm broke at the moment so here we go.

1.These are the perfect size plugs to fill every hole in the trunk I got them at Napa part#665-2391 they are FORD/CHRYSLER retaining clips
however you will need to modify one plug to fit in the hole that the wiring for the break light on the spoiler comes through just trim the retainer down and wrap some electrical tape around it until it fits snug and flush the rest of the clips pop right in and fit perfect.photo(9).JPG

Now these clips are not a perfect color match with the car but I am willing to bet if you took the time and sprayed some gloss on them they would look a lot better I just did this spur of the moment. Another advantage of doing is this way is if I feel like putting the spoiler back on I can just pop the clips out and bolt it right back on.
photo_1(7).JPG

And that's pretty much it and from a distance you can't even see the clips

Since you asked for an opinion, I'll say that your car looks like an EX with Si wheels now. That's either good or bad depending upon your preference, but I applaud you regardless for testing it out.
I do think that you'll need better plugs, specifically ones that have some sort of "seal" to prevent moisture from seeping into the trunk. Another option would be to do a trunk swap with another LX/EX owner. I can imagine there would be one or more individuals with your same paint color that might love to own a Si spoiler.
Just food for thought.

On a different note, this Rogue Double Chocolate Stout I'm sipping on is phenomenal.

I think you got me on this one as much as I like the no spoiler thing I think it's gotta go back on.

They have a MUGEN wing for the 9thgen it makes the car look like a plane though

Not to be a party crasher, but definitely put the spoiler back on. One of the biggest complaints I have with the 9th gen sedans is how the truck area slopes downward too much. The spoiler helps correct that look a bit.

Already put it back on lol same day it came off is the same day it went back on.

Back