Noise reduction - Cabin drone

MBono

Anyone have any experience using Luxury Liner, Dyna Mat, Dyna Liner, Hush Mat etc.....to kill cabin drone?

I went with the Injen axle back just to change the exhaust note a little. Certainly wasn't expecting this amount of drone.

Thanks

I have used Fat Mat and GTMat in the trunk and rear deck...still off-gassing a tar smell in the heat two years later. Does help with the sound a bit though.

Thanks @squiggy. Have not come across either of those yet. Will do more research. I'm only looking to do the trunk so hopefully that works.

I did see a Porsche owner add almost 350 .lbs of some sort of liner (did the entire cabin). No thanks! Haha

Ear plugs work well when the sound is bothersome......... they are light, and very cheap..........

I have used Fat Mat and GTMat in the trunk and rear deck...still off-gassing a tar smell in the heat two years later. Does help with the sound a bit though.
when you did the trunk, did you line the entire lower area where the spare tire is etc? I'd imagine that would make a big difference in helping block some drone.

when you did the trunk, did you line the entire lower area where the spare tire is etc? I'd imagine that would make a big difference in helping block some drone.

Yeah, I did the entire trunk. Still have a bit of trim work and rework to do on the trunk lid. It does help with the drone considerably.

Doing more research on other forums (other vehicles even), the true fix seems to be a side branch resonator. Ever heard of that?

Thanks @Joshua Williams

Thats exactly what I'm looking to do. Just need to figure if/how it can be done.

When I saw that pic of the Accord in the screenshot, I thought it was a joke. Haha

Synapse Engineering has exactly what I'm looking for. They make precut j-pipes (Helmhotlz Reaonator, side-branch resonator - all the same) at various lengths.

Now I just need to calculate the db's and determine which length I need and where I can tack it.

Back