Noise Reduction

V_Kam

Detroit
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
4-door
Anyone hear think it would be possible to transfer some of the noise reduction elements from the '13 si model to the '12 si model? Or any other noise reduction techniques?
This is something I would consider a nice improvement for keeping the car for the long run. I can think of getting the thicker '13 OEM windsheild & door glass. Or maybe stuffing some foam in the doors.. :hmmm?:

dynamat, or sound deadening material. I know some people would apply it along the floorboards of the car. Like, lift out the seats/carpeting and apply matting to the floor & into the trunk.

dynamat, or sound deadening material. I know some people would apply it along the floorboards of the car. Like, lift out the seats/carpeting and apply matting to the floor & into the trunk.

That would be pain in the @$$ The 9th gen is to quiet lol I miss feeling like I was on the road

I am considering doing this. My biggest concern would be the amount of weight added to the car, though. Especially if you do the floorboard, doors, and trunk area.

For soundproofing as already suggested many people use dynamat but it can be a lot of work to do it properly and I think it will add quite some weight to the car. Price wise it won't be cheap as well if done all over. It can make for one enjoyable project if one wants a quieter car.

I just got a good idea as well reading this thread, but I will start it in a new thread. No pun or offense intended for this thread.

Dynamat weight from their site -

- Door Kit (6 lbs.)
- Trunk Kit (10 lbs.)
- Bulk Pak (16 lbs.)
- 1/4" Dynaliner (2 lbs.)

Not like you're lining the car with dead bodies.

Dynamat weight from their site -

- Door Kit (6 lbs.)
- Trunk Kit (10 lbs.)
- Bulk Pak (16 lbs.)
- 1/4" Dynaliner (2 lbs.)

Not like you're lining the car with dead bodies.

:thumbsup: I like a well documented reply.

I wonder how is the stock car sound proofed and what are the diffs between 12 and 13.

The roads are crap where I live, I'm sure that plays a factor.
I had an 08' lx but I can't recall caring about the road noise although i was younger then too.

That looks interesting. I feel like I hear the most road noise from the doors and the front. I used to work at an auto glass shop..been awhile since I ripped a door panel off, so paranoid about scratching/breaking the panels.

Back