North Shore Honda- Glen Head NY, DO NOT BUY.

¡Däs Boot!

I am currently leasing a '14 Si, and I think it's important to note that you should not purchase any vehicle from North Shore Honda if you live in the long island region. I called the store asking about a test drive, they told me they don't offer test drives on Si's, that they only give a test drive AFTER a lease agreement has been signed... what? I decided to pay a visit anyway and when I walked in the store showing interest in leasing the vehicle, I was laughed at by the salespeople. When a salesman finally agreed to sit down and talk to me about a test drive, he told me that the car has too much power, and said he won't get any in stock for the next month anyway.

Nevertheless, I called the next local dealer (Honda Manhasset), and they had no problem scheduling me a test drive and selling me the car.

The joy I got when the ******* salesperson at North Shore Honda grudgingly called me asking if I was interested, and I told him I bought it from his competitor... amazing.

Do you care to reveal your age? I know some can really care less to deal with "kids/younger adults".

I am 19, I look like I'm 16 haha, so it's obviously because of my age, it makes kicking tires a challenge, but when I am serious about a car salespeople usually do take me seriously. I had no issues at the ford dealership or Volkswagen dealership, and was actually surprised when I had such trouble with the least powerful of my three choices.

Most dealers get very limited amount of Si's and they don't like letting people take them for a test drive unless they are serious buyers. Same thing with WRX/STI or EVO. I can go to my local VW dealer and they have 10 GTI's on their lot while Honda dealer has none at the moment.

What I've learned over the years is that if you sit down at the table to talk for a bit, you're more likely to get a test drive. You could talk about credit scores, current lease deals etc. Let them know you've done your homework, and you're not just looking to go for a joy ride. If you're with another adult/parent, you'll be in better odds as well. I know a handful of people here who've said they've had problems finding 14's on their local lots. One member in NE Ohio had to get a 15 preordered because nothing was found anywhere in the area.

Every dealer I go to when I'm serious is with one of my parents, because have to cosign the lease agreement for me to get the proper interest rate. My parents were very surprised to see the store's reaction towards us, and I actually went to Honda Manhasset alone and was treated with dignity and offered a test drive when they had only one in stock (which I eventually purchased).

The ford dealer had only one ST in stock, I was with my parents and we went for two test drives.

The VW dealer did have over 10 GTI's in stock, and I went alone.

Every dealer I go to when I'm serious is with one of my parents, because have to cosign the lease agreement for me to get the proper interest rate. My parents were very surprised to see the store's reaction towards us, and I actually went to Honda Manhasset alone and was treated with dignity and offered a test drive when they had only one in stock (which I eventually purchased).

The ford dealer had only one ST in stock, I was with my parents and we went for two test drives.

The VW dealer did have over 10 GTI's in stock, and I went alone.
I had two GTI's. A mark 5 and 6 , great fun cars until you go 70k miles and up.

Back