(NSFL) Fatal Pedestrian Accident Snarls Traffic on I-285

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
pedestrianhit_20120416072940_640_480.JPG

Police say one person is dead after being struck by multiple vehicles on Interstate 285 on Monday, April 16.

ATLANTA - Police say one person is dead after being struck by multiple vehicles on Interstate 285 early Monday morning.
It happened around 4:38 a.m in eastbound lanes of Interstate 285 near Ashford-Dunwoody Road, police said.
According to Dunwooody police, two vehicles were involved in a crash in the westbound lanes of Interstate 285. They say the victim rear-ended a pickup truck, and then lost control of the vehicle and hit the median wall before coming to rest in the center lanes. Then, the victim jumped the median wall and tried to cross the eastbound lanes of Interstate 285.
Police say that's when the victim was hit by several different vehicles in the eastbound lanes. Investigators have not released the victim's name, but they say it was a man who was killed.
The eastbound lanes of Interstate 285 near Ashford-Dunwoody Road were shut down for over three hours while investigators probed the incident. The closure snarled traffic along I-285 and surrounding highways throughout the morning commute.

Article from: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...d-by-Vehicle-on-Interstate-285-20120416-am-sd

• Staff
Yeah... sad...but stupid :pat:

He was dismembered across 4 lanes. Took people in our area forever to get to work this morning

wonder if that is actually a frame captured from a traffic camera? Means it all could have been caught on tape. Rip

• Staff
I'm trying to figure out what that pinkish blob is above the middle police car's lights :ohnoes:

Well I was referring to travelers who didn't actually hit the guy, but I suppose you're right.

Back