NYC MTA in Astoria, Queens ignores a sick woman!

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
This is what my cousin had to deal with recently. Let's make this man famous, he doesn't need to be working there.

On December 21st, a woman in her 70's collapsed on the N/Q platform in Astoria.

She was there with her daughter and was very weak. She could not get up. Her daughter had already made several phone calls for help and a nurse who was waiting for the subway offered her assistance. We tried to raise the sick woman who couldn't even sit up. The nurse asked for water or sugar for the barely conscious woman.
I offered to run downstairs to the bodega and brought back an apple juice.

Upon trying to get back into the subway, my monthly card said "Just used." I explained to the attendant above that there was a sick woman on the platform who needed fluids and asked if he would please let me in. He looked at me with extreme disinterest and asked me to repeat the story. I was clearly in a desperate state. He then asked me to swipe my metrocard at the desk "to verify my story." He then told me that I had to "wait 2 minutes and then I could go up." I said that the woman may not have 2 minutes and he said "Does she need medical attention?" I said "I don't know what she needs other than this juice!"

He then responded (without even looking up) "The juice can go. YOU can stay."

Luckily, a nice bystander in his early 20's saw what was happening and swiped me in.

I returned to the clerk to get his information and the video above is what happened. He insulted me, was dismissive and rude. He NEVER explained anything politely. He never showed any interest in what was happening. He was just bored: an miserable grunt who couldn't care less about anyone else but his own life. That's who station attendant 13366 is.

He just better hope that woman is still alive.

Here is the video of my cousin trying to get his badge number.

Back