OEM door visor ROCK!!

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Got this in the mail a few days ago.

I must say i've been on the fence about getting this for my car for over a month. I never owned door visor and didn't want to make my car look too sporty however I did feel i might enjoy its purpose.

Well after training, i was driving in the NJ rain and i was talking to my wife on the phone. Shortly enough, the car started to fog up. I really wanted to let that nice 54 degree air in since it wasn't really humid. I said, this is it!

That night I purchased it. I installed it the same day it arrived and LOVE IT!!!

benefits:
-when i open my windows a little, it lets air in but doesn't blow the air in your hair/face
-the temperature in the cabin begins to lower slightly making it an enjoyable termperature
-when listening to music, you aren't forced to raise the volume when you get on a highway
-when parked, you can leave your window cracked a little open to air out the inside if you were carrying food or just cool down.
-in the A.M when driving to work the sun would always hit me right on my eyes on my left side. i would use my visor, now the door visor bitterly covers that exact area.
-a sort of cacooned feeling if you will. kind of feel like you have a protected. idk
-high quality, fits great, looks sporty yet functional and not overly big at all
-easy install but take your time in a well lit area.

Question, i did a minor scratch on the drivers side visor. it's not a big deal but since i know about it, it's a little annoying to me. Would anyone know if it would be safe to use Meguiars PlastX on it to remove light scratches? I know it's meant for plastic (oem is polycarbonate plastic) however i read somewhere that it's not good on coated plastic. Is this coated plastic? I just don't want to remove any of the coloring trying to remove minor scratches. If you anyone knows it would be great help to know it's ok to use on this.

thanks and hope you guys like the review. any questions feel free to ask.
Photo Oct 23, 10 42 45 AM.jpg Photo Oct 23, 10 44 23 AM.jpg

Glad you like them!
As for the scratch, just try the Meguiars PlastX with some painters tape around the scratch. In case something does go wrong it'll be just that spot

^ya they look nice on your car. Im on the fence whether to get these myself. I've already got mudguards, hybrid spoiler, license plate holders, emblems. I dont wanna look like i just taped/bolted everything I possibly could onto the car, you know?

But they seem really functional. I hate using the A/C, yet I dont wanna open the windows and allow rain to get in. Plus they help block the sun which helps considering I don't wear sunglasses

I dunno, does anyone think they make the sedans exterior look busy/cluttered in some applications? I think they look great on OP's because of his darker paint colour

...I dont wanna look like i just taped/bolted everything I possibly could onto the car, you know?

But they seem really functional. I hate using the A/C, yet I dont wanna open the windows and allow rain to get in. Plus they help block the sun which helps considering I don't wear sunglasses

I dunno, does anyone think they make the sedans exterior look busy/cluttered in some applications? I think they look great on OP's because of his darker paint colour

I totally agree. I was looking at the hood guard, but then thought the same exact thing. I want to put things into my car that I find functional to me. I think the only thing left i would like is HID, better sound system (later), led lighting for interior and license frame, and illuminated door sill.

Honestly i feel like if i didn't have tints on my car it would stand out too much. I think the tints really calm down the attention it gets. For the sun, wind, and rain stop, I like this mod a LOT!!

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Back