Official Arizona Chat Thread

@Vtec4LiFe the weight saving is there regardless most people who have rpf1's that are running 17's usually are the 17x8 or 17x9s for the stretched tire look the weight on those wheels are between 16 or 17 lbs. Given the look of an 18x7.5 and tire size im running anyways which isnt bigger the 225 width, the whole 3/4 or 1/2 lb weight savings over a 17 vs the 18 id rather the 18. not to mention im going for civic type r FD2 look and they run factory 18x7.5 225/40r18 so YUPPERZZ

IDK unless you're looking to do an unrealistic drop on your Si then run a 17 with stretched tire. But if youre looking for performance stance to utilize what the car was built for then go 18 given you got a good deal on light weight 18's like i did with tires. so yea

i run 17s on my 8th gen with 245s on it, i love the way it looks

IDK unless you're looking to do an unrealistic drop on your Si then run a 17 with stretched tire. But if youre looking for performance stance to utilize what the car was built for then go 18 given you got a good deal on light weight 18's like i did with tires. so yea

I agree with what your saying, but just thought I'd add my opinion as well. First off, I don't think this car was built for performance. It was built to be a consumer car driven daily with good gas mileage and reliable parts. I understand the SI is "sportier" than a regular civic, but it's still a front wheel drive gas sipper.

As far as wheel selection goes I see a couple positive and negative aspects for both 17 and 18's or bigger. If you want the slammed looked, 17's will get you closer to the ground. 17's will also be lighter than an 18 given it's the same style and width. I haven't compared a ton of tires, but I've always been able to find tires for my 17's for $120-150 each. My roommate has 18's and couldn't find anything under $150. Although I didn't shop, I would assume 18" tires cost more. A lighter wheel is not only good for racing or performance, but also better for gas mileage.

Some brands don't offer a 17" wheel or just not in the bolt size/width you want. In my opinion, 18's do fill the wheel well gap better. Also 18's allow more clearance for a big brake kit, if you go that route. There is no right answer for which size wheel, it all depends on your needs and what you want your car set up like. In addition to diameter, offset and wheel width are equally important if you want your wheels to look as good as you're envisioning.

Ordered a set of front wheels 17" x 8" and nitto nt555 tires for the track. Boomba mounts to tighten up the motor. Should give me what I need to put up some real numbers. Then tune on weds. Uppin the boost to 10psi. Hippo milk is pink. I will see if they will let me record a hit on the dyno. Yea.

Ordered a set of front wheels 17" x 8" and nitto nt555 tires for the track. Boomba mounts to tighten up the motor. Should give me what I need to put up some real numbers. Then tune on weds. Uppin the boost to 10psi. Hippo milk is pink. I will see if they will let me record a hit on the dyno. Yea.
What wheels did you end up getting? Also are those slicks or drag radials?

I went with Drag dr31's flat black. Cheap and will do the trick. Look up nitto nt555 in google images. It is neither slick or drag radial. It is a softer compound that will allow me to get the sticky icky grip I need. Kaaabooom.

I'm interested in the numbers youre going to put down. with the mounts you should be able to lay down some more WHP and 4psi more. youre already at 306hp right?

I had boomba and broke them, i then went to hasport and had their full set of mounts in 70a. now i am running stock mounts that are injected with window weld

I have the Hasport rear mount and boomba upper mount. No one makes all three which is a pain but it is much better with the two. I have slight vibrations now at start up and idle but it is well worth it to keep my motor from flying out of the bay. I am happy with the set up now.

I have the Hasport rear mount and boomba upper mount. No one makes all three which is a pain but it is much better with the two. I have slight vibrations now at start up and idle but it is well worth it to keep my motor from flying out of the bay. I am happy with the set up now.

Hasport should have a full set out soon.

Back