Official Computer Talk Thread

Yeah. I use it on occassion when I do engineering simulations at home. CFD calf’s and big data can hog up memory. Of course games, music, pics, videos, etc.

given it doesn’t crap on me, I ought to be good for a while

Nice! That's a lot of storage.
You need to spend some time with the data hoarder subreddit. You’d lose your mind with some of their systems. A site was going down recently and they needed like 80 terabytes of storage to back it up. A bunch of people popped up saying they had that space available on their home setup, so they’d start downloading it now before it was lost. 80tb free lol.

Damn. I've got 16tb in drives, but only 8TB is usable as I'm running RAID 10. I can't imagine having 80TB on hand, let alone free.

I have 120GB (OS drive) & 960GB (games) SSD's.

120GB has around 60GB left
960GB has around 250GB left

So, I have just a bit more space than you do. I have the OS drive that's 500 GB, with 400 GB free (two days old), and a 1 TB drive for games and stuff (931 usable, 817 left).

The 2TB drive is onboard backup of the first two drives.

so did you end up pinning it to both of your m.2 drives failing at the same time? I missed exactly what ended up happening

That's ridiculous if that's the case... :rolleyes:

Has to be other variables that could have caused the failure.

so did you end up pinning it to both of your m.2 drives failing at the same time? I missed exactly what ended up happening

pinned it at something going corrupt in a drive. They were striped and a single failure is fatal. I tried to repair and recover OS but it wasn’t working.

could be both drives are fine and a Windows update corrupted something. I really don’t know the root cause.

I gotcha. So it was in raid 0 and then something failed. Did you end up contacting wd, or you think it’s software that did it

So for ordering an AMD product I get a free game and my choice is Ghost Recon Breakpoint or Borderlands 3. Any suggestion on which one to go with? I also have no experience for either. I'm not into gaming that much.

I also got an Xbox Game Pass for PC for free

not that twitch should determine your choice, but I looked them up - looks like a BL3 is much more popular with people

Borderlands 3
887 Viewers
379K Followers

Ghost recon breakpoint
71 Viewers
98.8K Followers

Yeah I've never played either but if I got a free game between the two I'd go Borderlands 3.

BL3. I love the BL franchise. Played 1 and 2 a bunch and now playing 3. Wasn't playing for a while due to stability issues but I got my mobo back from RMA last night and she seem solid. So I'm sure I'll be playing more.

Thanks y'all I'll go with the BL3 and see how I do. Should have all the parts in for the new build on monday but we will be out of town until Jan 3. I'll get some pictures up and show what I've got once it all gets in.

Starting to get pissed off at UPS, bought everything on the 22nd and paid 3 day shipping and my video card still hasn't showed up. It made it within 90 miles and got sent back to Kentucky, just so it could go to Greensboro and now back to where I live. Made it this morning but didn't make the truck for delivery I guess. Luckily I'm not in town to worry but it's still aggravating.

stop building computers, the off shelf one's are made very well now.

Had something similar happen at Xmas. Had some stuff ship from a warehouse way up north. It then started traveling East (multiple states in the wrong direction). Then it sat somewhere without any updates for like 4 days. Then it started traveling south and west. No one could answer why in the world it had such a messed up route.

Had something similar happen at Xmas. Had some stuff ship from a warehouse way up north. It then started traveling East (multiple states in the wrong direction). Then it sat somewhere without any updates for like 4 days. Then it started traveling south and west. No one could answer why in the world it had such a messed up route.

happened with two of my packages this winter.

Back