Official Computer Talk Thread

I looked at going that route too but I have not a clue to where I should start and what to buy. I looked at buying a case and each pay period buy something else.
I just went through this also. I ended up building my own which was really easy to do. I was recommended https://pcpartpicker.com/ to find the parts that I needed. Made things pretty simple.

This is what I ended up building except for the fans. I haven't bought them yet.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JsfMCL

I've got to say I went a little overboard for what I actually needed but figured it would all work out for me later on. Definitely could have spent a lot less.

I've got to say I went a little overboard for what I actually needed but figured it would all work out for me later on. Definitely could have spent a lot less.

Welcome to PC building. I’m unsure how much is tucked into my machine at this point. Money pits among money pits.

Got my Mac mini backed up last night and wiped it clean and played hell trying to get the OS back loaded on. Tried 3 times and it kept failing, hooked it up to my hard line internet this morning and it finally started to work right. Still took a while but it's back up and running fresh. Plan to let my son use it once he gets old enough to use it the right way.

Flight Sim PC Setup (not mine)

aHpywI7.jpg

I just wanna download things when I'm on my computer these days. It just downloads things too fast to appreciate the quantity it can take.

I just wanna download things when I'm on my computer these days. It just downloads things too fast to appreciate the quantity it can take.

So you are not happy with downloads being too fast? :confuzzled:

I've had a few HP's over the years and have good luck with them. All mine have been Intel CPU's though.

Speaking of laptops... I need a new battery for my HP laptop. I ordered one from Amazon and it was DOA. The replacement battery that I had before (it lasted 4 years) they don't have anymore on Amazon :(
Any recommendations?

I've had a few HP's over the years and have good luck with them. All mine have been Intel CPU's though.

Speaking of laptops... I need a new battery for my HP laptop. I ordered one from Amazon and it was DOA. The replacement battery that I had before (it lasted 4 years) they don't have anymore on Amazon :(
Any recommendations?

Model Number? The battery you need is dictated by the machine type.

Back