Photos Official Lowered Sedan Pics Thread.. :)

Completely new to Hondas, just got my 13 si sedan. Some of the names in not used to. I'm looking for opinions on lowering. When doing springs only, how do the Honda Struts take it?
When talking coilovers, what's a good brand while staying close to the 1k $range or less?

Completely new to Hondas, just got my 13 si sedan. Some of the names in not used to. I'm looking for opinions on lowering. When doing springs only, how do the Honda Struts take it?
When talking coilovers, what's a good brand while staying close to the 1k $range or less?

You won't hurt the stock struts' longevity if you get springs that give around 1" drop.

List of springs and coilovers are here. The Buddyclub N+ just came out for the Si models. They list for $1349 though.
http://www.9thcivic.com/forum/threa...pension-options-with-product-info-links.6860/

Dropped on an Eibach Pro-Kit, they're PERFECT for me.

9183016377_be8e928428_b.jpg

That looks good, prolly were I'll be going for springs.
Opinions on the pro kits? Any issues? Ride compared to stock?

I'm SO glad I went with the Pro-Kit, ZERO issues thus far and the ride damn near feels stock, only difference is far less body roll when hitting corners, which is what you want, I say go for it, I couldn't be happier. They're exactly what I hoped they'd be.

Reactions: Nix
I ran prokits on stock struts for a while before I got Konis. I thought the ride was quite good. Wasn't too rough but you could feel the difference in stiffness over bumps. Handling wasn't super different but improved. The look was the main improvement.

Once you get used to them you won't really notice the difference until you drive someones car who is stock.

My closest comparison would probably be to the HFP kit which I feel drives better than Prokit/stock strut but sits a little higher. Looks wise I think the prokit wins. They are very very similar feeling to me. It's a great place to start.

I ran prokits on stock struts for a while before I got Konis. I thought the ride was quite good. Wasn't too rough but you could feel the difference in stiffness over bumps. Handling wasn't super different but improved. The look was the main improvement.

Once you get used to them you won't really notice the difference until you drive someones car who is stock.

My closest comparison would probably be to the HFP kit which I feel drives better than Prokit/stock strut but sits a little higher. Looks wise I think the prokit wins. They are very very similar feeling to me. It's a great place to start.

I totally agree! I didn't want to sacrifice the ride, so the pro-kit works for me, not an aggressive drop (which is what I wanted) but still closes the 4x4 wheel gap a bit, and the ride is very comfortable. I'm very happy!

EDIT: Here's a good comparison of my car - Left: Stock & Right: Pro-Kit
9202549757_b560cd9e19_b.jpg

Keep in mind, they should settle another .2'' to .3'' in the next week or so.

Last edited:
Back