Photos Official Lowered Sedan Pics Thread.. :)

i feel really silly askin this but i have been tryin to figure out what exactly has been done to the gas door???? looks great whatever it is^

Last edited:
Well, I just sold my 93 ex so I'm going to be ordering my springs this week. I was going prokit, but now thinking I may want to be lower and go sportlines. I can't decide. If I go lower I'm thinking I'll need camber arms.
What brand camber arms does everyone recommend? I drive a ton on the highway so proper alignment is a must so my tires last.

a number of people are on godspeed camber arms from the 8th gen civic. The rear camber arms from the 8th gen (2006+) fit 100%.

I ran prokits on stock struts for a while before I got Konis. I thought the ride was quite good. Wasn't too rough but you could feel the difference in stiffness over bumps. Handling wasn't super different but improved. The look was the main improvement.

Once you get used to them you won't really notice the difference until you drive someones car who is stock.

My closest comparison would probably be to the HFP kit which I feel drives better than Prokit/stock strut but sits a little higher. Looks wise I think the prokit wins. They are very very similar feeling to me. It's a great place to start.
You have the konis on your prokit? Tell me about that. It is something that I am considering. There are mods that have to made to use the konis though, right? Both in the front and the rear? And it's about $550 for the front inserts and rear shocks, right? Non-adjustable ones, I mean. Did you do the work yourself?

Last edited:
I did. I've been through 4 different setups on my car.

I ran stock, stock struts with prokit, koni with prokit, back to stock, and now koni w/neuspeed sports.

The koni's just hold up to the drop much better than the stock struts do. The performance is incredibly better and they are also adjustable and rebuildable. My stock struts were worn out anyway so I replaced them with the konis. Then I sold that setup, went back to stock, and now im back on a Koni setup.

The Koni rear struts are just a straight bolt in job. A little modification is needed just to reuse the stock rear bumpstop and dust cover. Basically just take a drill and bore out the hole a little bigger to fit.

The fronts are heavy modification of the stock strut. I had all the fab work done by redshift motorsports. I couldn't have any downtime with my car and I also just didn't have a place to do the work myself.

The full setup with all new parts, fab, springs... etc... will run you in the range of $1200-1500.

Oh.... I always went with Koni Yellows. I see there is a Koni STR option that is orange. I believe those might be a direct bolt in affair. Im not entirely sure though. RedShiftChris can answer any in depth questions you might have about those.

I ran stock, stock struts with prokit, koni with prokit, back to stock, and now koni w/neuspeed sports.

The koni's just hold up to the drop much better than the stock struts do. The performance is incredibly better and they are also adjustable and rebuildable. My stock struts were worn out anyway so I replaced them with the konis. Then I sold that setup, went back to stock, and now im back on a Koni setup.

The Koni rear struts are just a straight bolt in job. A little modification is needed just to reuse the stock rear bumpstop and dust cover. Basically just take a drill and bore out the hole a little bigger to fit.

The fronts are heavy modification of the stock strut. I had all the fab work done by redshift motorsports. I couldn't have any downtime with my car and I also just didn't have a place to do the work myself.

The full setup with all new parts, fab, springs... etc... will run you in the range of $1200-1500.

Oh.... I always went with Koni Yellows. I see there is a Koni STR option that is orange. I believe those might be a direct bolt in affair. Im not entirely sure though. RedShiftChris can answer any in depth questions you might have about those.
Sweet. Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I'll contact Chris.

Konis ftmfw :pimp:

Reactions: Nix
had the chance to wash my car...then proceeded to go and get it dusty --

9322516317_f55923840b_b.jpg

Back