Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

I made a thread about these, they are 17X8.5 offset 30. I can't find a but one person on the web that has these and the guy is not on any forum from what I can tell. I like the meaty look but I do not want to do a ton of modding to get these to work and def do not want to run a super skinny tire.

I think these would be hot with a set of pro-kit springs on my modern steel metallic Si.

SR07_SMF_001.jpg

Those would look good, do iiiit. 235/40 or 225/45 on those bad boys

Safe Gabe - thank you for doing it correctly. The car looks great. And you did it without taking a jigsaw to your fenders like some others.. Take note people!

To the above question. Probably 255/40 and 225/45.
The car is fwd. The front tires do all the acceleration, most of braking and turning. The rear tires can be run smaller to aid with rotation. Too large in the back is just extra draggy and promotes under steer.

Safe Gabe - thank you for doing it correctly. The car looks great. And you did it without taking a jigsaw to your fenders like some others.. Take note people!

The car is fwd. The front tires do all the acceleration, most of braking and turning. The rear tires can be run smaller to aid with rotation. Too large in the back is just extra draggy and promotes under steer.

You are correct with the sizing and the reasoning behind it. The fender liner has been trimmed and the fender itself has been rolled. It appears that I'll have to buy a lower offset pair for the front in order to dial in more camber as it barely clears the front strut with a +35.

Cool, thanks for the info. interestingly enough those two tire sizes are almost identical overall size. so the narrower treadwidth in the back helps the car get around the track

@Artdogg wow man beautiful car! I love your setup, I'm usually not a big fan of the orange color but wow you did very good!

Those look awesome man. I'm looking to buy some Avid.1 wheels myself in the same dimensions and offset. Are you lowered at all? I'm lowered 1 inch and wondering if I will run at all. I don't think I will but just figured I'd ask.
earlier post of his below
i have the TEIN street advance on my 2012 and am very happy with them

Back