Photos Official Show Off Your Engine Bay Pics Thread!

ymabeveg.jpg

Holy stockness lol

Did you paint your intake manifold cover silver or did it come like that?

I was thinking of painting my valve cover, but I talked to a friend that said there is a seal on the valve cover and then I would have to reseal it when I put it back on.
Is that true?

The gasket expands overtime. So if you remove the valve cover, you might end up buying a new one. It costs like $20-$25.

I was thinking of painting my valve cover, but I talked to a friend that said there is a seal on the valve cover and then I would have to reseal it when I put it back on.
Is that true?

I would actually love to have it color matched! I think it would provide awesome contrast with all of the red.

The gasket expands overtime. So if you remove the valve cover, you might end up buying a new one. It costs like $20-$25.
so I cant just unbolt it, paint it, and bolt it back on?
I have to replace the gasket if I take it off?

I would actually love to have it color matched! I think it would provide awesome contrast with all of the red.
I want to have mine color matched.
My dad would do it so I would only have to pay for paint which is like $30

so I cant just unbolt it, paint it, and bolt it back on?
I have to replace the gasket if I take it off?

Yes. You can take the valve cover off and put it back on. It really depends if you need to change the gasket or not. You should purchase one just in case.
I want to have mine color matched.
My dad would do it so I would only have to pay for paint which is like $30

Your dad works at a body shop?

Yes. You can take the valve cover off and put it back on. It really depends if you need to change the gasket or not. You should purchase one just in case.

Your dad works at a body shop?
Ok I'll get one from CHH, it'll be a fun little project.

And yea, he has been painting cars for over 20 years, time to take advantage lol

977385_10200652219260990_389833924_o.jpg

Painted cylinder cover
painted AC caps
Painted windsheild washer fluid
Painted fuse box cover
26 Fenderwahers billet red
Billet Oil Cap
SickSpeed res/clutch covers
yospeed battery tiedown
DC5 dipstick
HKS intercooler cap on rad
(can't really see it, red ty-raps for all wiring) which is mostly hidden hahaha

Bay looks great! What are those fuzzy red socks near the air boot? :scratches::scratches::scratches:
Spoon reservoir tank covers serve three purposes. One, they help keep the reservoir tank caps in place during racing and spirited driving, helping prevent spillage of vital fluids. Second, even if the caps are jarred open, the tank covers help contain the spill and minimize fluid loss. Third, the tank covers prevent dust and debris from accumulating on the tanks and potentially contaminating the brake fluid. The reservoir covers are sold in a pair.

Thanks for the info! Do the caps really fall short on their job at higher speeds? Looks clean though, if for nothing else...

I've never had one come off, but I know it tends to be popular with people doing autox/racing.

Back