Oil change 0w20w

rey691

For my DD os a civic 2013 4 doors r18 engine does any one knows if I can use another oil or needs to be this one ???

So we are supposed to be using this oil?! I'm just curious because I have no idea what my dealership has been putting in the car. I go to them for oil changes since it is built into my buying contract. (It's a Ford Dealership. Car was bought used there.) I guess I need to start telling them to use 0w20w to make sure this gets done then?

On your receipt they give you it should say what oil they used.

So we are supposed to be using this oil?! I'm just curious because I have no idea what my dealership has been putting in the car. I go to them for oil changes since it is built into my buying contract. (It's a Ford Dealership. Car was bought used there.) I guess I need to start telling them to use 0w20w to make sure this gets done then?

0-20 is what works best(as said above).........
Don't let the "0" Put you off it's only "0" in the 1st few min. of a cold start up(which gets the oil to the dry parts quicker....Which is what wares an engine more than anything else)
After warm up it's 20w , and that is what Honda designed their engine to run on.

The "0" in in 0w20 is the viscosity of the oil during cold. After the car warms up the oil goes to 20. The "W" stands for winter.
The lower the number, the less viscous the oil is. Viscosity Definition is :resistance to flow. lower number = less resistance and more flow.
So during cold mornings, when you start up the car, the oil is "0" viscosity and flows really well because it is less viscous.
When the car warms up, the oil is at "20" and will resist flow a little.

I would keep using the 0w20. The dealer should be putting 0w20 in the car. However there is no way to verify without an oil analysis.

Last edited:
Back