ok soooo i want the custom look but....

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
ok so i love the look of hids but cant justify shelling out that money for projectors and i hear hids without them are dangerous. and i kinda wanna do the led drl/highs but the highs that they offer are worthless from what i have read. so whats your opinion? what should i do?

you could always get brighter halogen bulbs. as far as HID's being dangerous, they are to a certain extent but its debateable. i had a 6000k hid kit before i had the retrofit done, and i had no issues with it blinding other people. if you're worried about blinding on coming traffic the beams are already aimed relatively low.

There are many people that run hids without projectors. You should be fine as long as you just get a 35 watt ballast. If you dont wanna get hids without projectors try the sylvania ultra bulbs.

im prolly gonna go hid i love the look

i got used to not using them from my grand am because the highs were pointless but i do like being able to flash people that are being assholes and to warn of staties (dont flash for my local pd i like them lol)

I love the look of the LED DRL's,but most of my driving is at night and I don't want to lose my highs.

I've tried both an HID kit and LED DRL/highs. HIDs look nice, but when they're in regular housings..ehhh not my thing. The LED DRL/highs also look nice, but you completely lose your high beams as LEDs have no output whatsoever. I'd save up for projectors or retrofit, I'm so happy with mine! :drooling:

dscn0905p.jpg

I've tried both an HID kit and LED DRL/highs. HIDs look nice, but when they're in regular housings..ehhh not my thing. The LED DRL/highs also look nice, but you completely lose your high beams as LEDs have no output whatsoever. I'd save up for projectors or retrofit, I'm so happy with mine! :drooling:

dscn0905p.jpg
Where can I get some?,I've looked but no luck.

for the price of the UAE lights you might as well do a retrofit

Ok,That's where I've been looking hopefully I'll luck up soon.

Yeah there was a pair a couple weeks ago, but the seller made a damn good profit on them.

for the price of the UAE lights you might as well do a retrofit

Retrofits can get expensive. The UAE projectors are only $700 (depending on how you get them) then turn around and sell your USDM headlights for $200-250; that ends up being about $450-500. That's how I look at it atleast.

if you sell your oems, that is a point. With the retrofit, you're using your oem housing. I believe bjorn from customlightz did some 9th gen mini h1 retros for 5-700ish depending on what parts you used.

:o tell me where to get some $700 UAE lights, all the ones ive seen are well over $850+

if you sell your oems, that is a point. With the retrofit, you're using your oem housing. I believe bjorn from customlightz did some 9th gen mini h1 retros for 5-700ish depending on what parts you used.

In addition to retrofits - If your car is a DD you'll need to front some money in order to get a second set of headlights. From what I've seen, retrofitting mini H1s are the cheapest route. I'm happy I chose the Honda projectors over a retrofit :D

yeah mini h1s are the cheapest route.. with the minis they are a bolt on thing so you can try to do it yourself..

Back