Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
2400 miles and this crap happens...

what a great way to ruin a '13 SI :(

Guess I had not made an introduction.... til now ><

Driver fled the scene, was found by police at hospital; non-licensed with 4 suspensions; owner of vehicle has not produced insurance yet...

I'm guessing I was hit around 40mph... posted speed limit on the road; driver appeared to be attempting to enter a lane that was opening up; I was at the stop a good 20 seconds... was hit so hard the civic was thrown into the center turn lane and I spun an Aveo that was 20 feet in front of me.

OWW

damnit.jpg

Horrible way to introduce yourself, but I hope you can get things sorted out. :( At least it didn't hit you in the middle of the door, or on your drivers side. I'm guessing you're ok, since you didn't mention any injuries. :sadwavey:

Really glad to see youre doing ok If you do get another one, at least youll get the 14' tech upgrades.

I'm glad you are ok, and that really sucks.
But honestly, the damage doesn't look THAT bad.
The wheel is still on and very straight so probably not much (if any) suspension damage. The back door looks undamaged. The trunk even looks alright. You'll need a new quarter and rocker panel, new bumper and some trunk pieces (but maybe not the entire trunk) some small suspension and exhaust pieces, but it looks very salvageable

Wow. Assuming you're OK, at least the car can be fixed or replaced. Unfortunately, I've been in a similar incident - just sitting in traffic, and BAM!

Here's wishing you a speedy and painless recovery from this point on. :sadwavey:

Probably one of the most memorable intros. Welcome and hope you can get into a new one sonner than later.

Reactions: 323
At some point, when I feel like going out in the cold... I'll have a few more side pics.

I'm sore... whiplash, minor concussion

A couple more pics... I was way out of it or I'd taken many more pics.

Driver was not licensed due to multiple suspensions (4), owner could not provide proof of insurance.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I get.

IMG_20131205_152715.jpg IMG_20131205_152718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wife has a pic of it on the rollback; pretty sure that tire is f'd looking at it from the side

there's a mean crunchmark? just behind the rear passenger window and I think something is broken there also.

ugh ugh

That really sucks but just be thankful you didn't get hurt too badly. It's only a car at the end of the day and it can be replaced.

Definitely not totaled...
The cost of fixing the damage has to be more than the worth of the car.
That's not ~$20,000 worth of damage

update: had it relocated to a collision center recommended by Honda. Manager went out and told their desk person to inform the insurance company that it was a total loss; I talked to the manager and he said that it's because 'by the time I got the parts and put them on the car, it would be 6 months before you got your car back and you would have a $100,000 car' - insurance still hasn't appraised it.

It starts... no issues there. The rear end is trashed... for example: coilspring for rear is sitting on the muffler and just hanging below.. wheel/axle assy is about 6 inches forward.

More updates as I get them. I have considered buying it to part out.... could easily be worth a few $$ but it would be up to Honda..as it's a leased vehicle.

update: had it relocated to a collision center recommended by Honda. Manager went out and told their desk person to inform the insurance company that it was a total loss; I talked to the manager and he said that it's because 'by the time I got the parts and put them on the car, it would be 6 months before you got your car back and you would have a $100,000 car' - insurance still hasn't appraised it.

It starts... no issues there. The rear end is trashed... for example: coilspring for rear is sitting on the muffler and just hanging below.. wheel/axle assy is about 6 inches forward.

More updates as I get them. I have considered buying it to part out.... could easily be worth a few $$ but it would be up to Honda..as it's a leased vehicle.

Sorry, to hear you were a victim of our laws inability to keep idiots like that off the road.
I'm leasing for the 1st time, would be interested to know how this works out from that end.
Glad you're not hurt any more than you are......... Be sure your neck is ok before signing off.

Back