Paint Coming Off!

Vyvi

Key Largo, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys! My Si has a problem! ... The paint around the tail lights and headlights looked like it's getting rubbed off or is chipping off! It's right where the light meets the body of the car. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I plan on taking it to Honda this week. I will post pictures in a little to show everyone.

and that isn't wax residue or anything? Definitely paint missing?

Yeah, looks like wax to me. Stick a tooth pic in there and if it turns to dust when you scrape it, it is wax.

Cool looking tag in the avatar.

I thought it was wax at first, then I looked closer. :( Its definity missing paint.
(Excuse the dirty car, just got back from a road trip)

I wouldn't assume it is coming off until I actually tested it for sure. Like what everyone else is saying. It wouldn't hurt to do and clarify.

I wouldn't assume it is coming off until I actually tested it for sure. Like what everyone else is saying. It wouldn't hurt to do and clarify.
I'm not assuming, I can feel the edge where the paint is missing with my finger nail. I just wanted to see if anyone else has this on their cars... It's going to Honda on Monday.

My '09 Accord coupe did the same. It was a lemon with way bigger problems actually.

Take it in for warranty repair and tell them to get the stupid light off the body after they paint it.

Back