Paint Sealant, Natural Wax, or Paint Coating - Which do you use?

The Consumer Reports article looks like a re-test. The original CR wax reports I saw was much older, and one year (maybe 5 years ago) listed Zymol as best. Now they're saying NuFinish is better than Zymol. Interestingly, neither are a true "wax" but a polymer or acrylic of some kind, like Klasse. From my experience Klasse is an excellent AIO (all in one) that sells for between $30 - $40. Lasts about 3 months. I'm not sure about using just "1 oz per car" (per the Klasse instructions) but I've had the same bottle for years. Those with new cars can forgo Klasse AIO (that contains a cleaner) and just use the Klasse polish for between $20.00 - $25.00. That product (Klasse polish) lasts at least twice as long as the AIO, a good six months.... while claiming to last a year. For those who wax often, and weighing in at only $8.00, NuFinish would have to be the Best Buy.

Even though I fancy the better products, I'm in the camp that puts frequency (of washing and waxing) ahead of product quality.

You can go over a whole car in less than 10 minutes with Crystal Seal, and get about 4 months protection from it. Wipe it on and walk away...doesn't get much easier than that. ;)

Spend some time & lay down some Collinite 845. Cheap and is a beast of a wax. From upstate NY too! (Just like me)

Spend some time & lay down some Collinite 845. Cheap and is a beast of a wax. From upstate NY too! (Just like me)

I honestly don't even use any of my waxes and sealants anymore. 95% of the jobs I do all go with coatings and all my cars are coated as well. I've used 845 a few times but didn't find anything special about it...nor did I dislike it (except for the strong solvent smell). For the price you can't go wrong and others do seem to really like it. Actually, I think I still have an unopened can of 476 too. I'm such a product whore! :banghead:

I actually miss waxing sometime as coatings can be very time consuming.

Yeah I hear ya. I love looking over my stash, even the stuff I don't use. The stank is pretty bad on the collinite. Im going to try out that new crystal seal from blackfire on a new ILX in a couple weeks.

Back