Paramount Pictures Reportedly Making Paul Walker Documentary

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
OzWwuR8.jpg

Set to be directed Adrian Buitenhuis, the documentary, titled I Am Paul Walker, will look at the actor’s on-screen life as well as his various passions outside of Hollywood. Some of these passions included the conservation of the world’s oceans and Walker’s help in rebuilding Haiti after the earthquake which devastated the country.

To car enthusiasts and moviegoers alike, Walker was best known for playing Brian O’Conner in the Fast and Furious franchise, although his career had begun much earlier and he also starred in films like The Skulls, Into the Blue, Flags of our Fathers and Bobby Z, among others.

Walker’s life was tragically cut short in late 2013, when he was killed in a car crash while riding shotgun in the Porsche Carrera GT driven by his close friend Roger Rodas. At the time, filming for Furious 7 had yet to be completed, forcing the studio to use CGI and employ Walker’s brothers, Caleb and Cody, to film the actor’s missing scenes.

Producing I Am Paul Walker will be Derik Murray, the man responsible for a host of similar documentaries including I Am Dale Earnhardt, I Am Evel Knievel and I Am JFK Jr, while Adrian Buitenhuis, who also did I Am Heath Ledger, will be directing.

• Staff
‘I Am Paul Walker’ Documentary To Premiere August 11 On Paramount

The I Am Paul Walker documentary will premiere on August 11 and chronicle the life of the beloved actor who died in December 2013.

The documentary has been directed by Adrian Buitenhuis, the same man who produced similar films on Heath Ledger, Chris Farley and Muhammad Ali. I Am Paul Walker was produced by Derik Murray who previously worked on I Am Dale Earnhardt, I Am Even Knievel and I Am JFK Jr.

I Am Paul Walker will focus on more than just Walker’s on-screen life. The documentary will also detail his passions outside of Hollywood, including his dedication to the conservation of the world’s oceans and the role he played in helping to rebuild Haiti after the devastating 2010 earthquake.

The documentary will also feature family footage of Walker as well as interviews with family members and friends, including Tyrese Gibson.

Walker made a name for himself as Brian O’Conner in the Fast and Furious franchise. He also starred in earlier films like The Skulls, Into the Blue, Flags of our Fathers and Bobby Z.

Walker was killed in late December 2013 when the red Porsche Carrera GT he was a passenger in crashed into a light pole and burst into flames in California. The car was driven by Walker’s close friend Roger Rodas who was also killed in the crash.

Those in the U.S. will be able to watch I Am Paul Walker on August 11 at 9/8c on Paramount. For those outside the U.S., the documentary should be made available online in the not too distant future.

Almost 5 years later and they are still trying to collect more $$ off his name? Come on now. I thought people forgot about him.

I wonder what happened to his car collection. I know they were selling it off a while back but not sure if everything sold at that time.

Back