Parking brake wire connection to aftermarket headunit

shekki

Washington
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Does anyone know how to connect the parking brake wire from an aftermarket head unit to the stock Parking brake wire? I've looked around and I couldn't find anything on this topic. I've got the Pioneer appradio 4 with some aftermarket harnesses to connect to the car and I'm trying to update the firmware on my headunit but it won't let me without connecting that wire.

Do you think that will help my situation? Right now it's connected to a parking brake wire on the aftermarket harness but I'm not sure it connects to anything on the stock harness. I did find a thread that shows how to get at the parking brake wire for an automatic so that might be helpful.

Do you think that will help my situation? Right now it's connected to a parking brake wire on the aftermarket harness but I'm not sure it connects to anything on the stock harness. I did find a thread that shows how to get at the parking brake wire for an automatic so that might be helpful.

Yes. Just ground the parking brake wire. You should be fine. I like to ideally connect all grounds to the same connection in order to avoid electrical noise, but grounding it anywhere should accomplish the main task at hand.

Do not just ground out the wire because it is a pioneer and they have to have a special bypass. Get a switch and use it to connect to ground so you can pulse the ground. Pioneer radios require you to apply, release and reapply the parking brake for it to allow you to use the full functionality of the head unit

I bought a toggle switch and set it to ground because my head unit won't register thei wire grounded if it's not engaged after the stereo is on and ready to play.

eBay sells a multitude of small relays that work perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back