passanger airbag light 2012 Si coupe

Flippercon

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I was driving to work this morning and noticed the passenger air bag light turns on and off during the ride. Is there a reason for this? I would expexct these to be working 100% of the time. It would really suck if you got into an accident and the airbag did not deploy.
It would turn off at some points but the light was on the majority of the time.

The passenger's advanced front airbag system has weight sensors.
If the sensors detect the weight of an object in the passenger seat (up to about 65 lbs or 29 kg), the system will automatically turn off the passenger's front airbag.

The passenger's advanced front airbag system has weight sensors.
If the sensors detect the weight of an object in the passenger seat (up to about 65 lbs or 29 kg), the system will automatically turn off the passenger's front airbag.
Thanks jasonandre. I did have 2 two liters in the passenger seat so maybe that is why it was on and off during the trip. Makes sense now.

I went for a ride at lunch and no one or anything was on the passengers seat . The airbag was functioning (off light not illuminated). Makes me wonder if it was wired backwards. Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong. When the off light is illuminated I would take it as it was disabled, is this correct?

I had to start putting my backpack in the trunk (I have a coupe) because it would shift around and the light kept going on and off. It was driving me nuts!

I went for a ride at lunch and no one or anything was on the passengers seat . The airbag was functioning (off light not illuminated). Makes me wonder if it was wired backwards. Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong. When the off light is illuminated I would take it as it was disabled, is this correct?
You are correct. It's the same logic as the CEL, on=bad. Does same thing in other modern Hondas I've been in. Owner's Manual has some more info on such indicator lights as well.

from a pilot forum - read it all, as there are different conditions when the light will come on

5824d1049341723_srs_light_side_airbag_off.jpg

from a pilot forum - read it all, as there are different conditions when the light will come on

5824d1049341723_srs_light_side_airbag_off.jpg
I was trying to get the picture uploaded from the owners manual that says the same exact thing, my phone was being stupid.....
Thanks a bunch, So i guess its known I didn't read the owners manual... :shhhh:

Back