Passenger airbag off light

fritz

atlantic city, nj
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
So a couple of times while driving, this morning being one of them, I notice my passenger airbag off light come on. It stayed on for a couple of miles and then shut off again. This is not the first time this happened. I don't even know how to turn off my airbag to begin with. Any one else have this happen to them?

The only time I've had it go on was when my teenage daughter was kind of leaning on the door sleeping. It seems as though it's very sensitive to uneven weight in the seat.

Did you have anything on the seat when the light came on?

The only time I've had it go on was when my teenage daughter was kind of leaning on the door sleeping. It seems as though it's very sensitive to uneven weight in the seat.

Did you have anything on the seat when the light came on?

No I don't keep anything in my car, and I was driving by myself each time I noticed it. I don't think it's hurting anything but I don't like the thought of issues with my new car.

No I don't keep anything in my car, and I was driving by myself each time I noticed it. I don't think it's hurting anything but I don't like the thought of issues with my new car.

If you had nothing in the seat, I would definitely take it to the dealer. It's not normal.

You sure it wasn't the side airbag warning light? This is from another post

5824d1049341723_srs_light_side_airbag_off.jpg

image.jpg
webby this is the light. It will just light up randomly while cruising at like 55. It doesn't stay on very long, and when I hook up my flash pro I don't see any codes being thrown. It has only happened about 3 times I have noticed over the past 4 or 5 months...

I would take it to the dealer if you have it come on again. In the event of an accident, the car won't deploy the airbag. It could be a faulty sensor.

View attachment 20542
webby this is the light. It will just light up randomly while cruising at like 55. It doesn't stay on very long, and when I hook up my flash pro I don't see any codes being thrown. It has only happened about 3 times I have noticed over the past 4 or 5 months...

yeah that's part of Honda's "Occupant Position Detection System," or OPDS for short. supposedly, the airbag shuts off automagically when the system thinks it's unsafe to deploy. basically, the sensors not only detect weight, but also whether or not a passenger is leaning into the deployment path of the airbag. if that light is going off with no weight in the passenger seat, the sensors are probably not working right.

thanks guys I will keep an eye on it and if it happens again I'll have to check it out.

So this happen to me on thursday. I remembered reading this post about it.. i just dropped my friend off after a long day of driving / fishing. it only happen when he left the car the passenger airbag off lights stayed on. turned the car off and on and nothing . woke up the next day and it was fine?.. ill post again if it happens but only thing i had noticed was the seat was a little wet as we were fishing in our shorts and were a little wet during the 2 hour drive home.

I have had my 2013 SI for about 4 months and started having issues with the passenger air bag indicator light turning on and off while driving with no passengers in the vehicle and nothing sitting in the seat. The car had less than 3000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer, but they told me that they could not find any issues. Since the visit, I don’t seem to be having the problem anymore but received no real explanation as to why it was occurring. Is anyone still experiencing the problem after taking it to the dealer?

I have had my 2013 SI for about 4 months and started having issues with the passenger air bag indicator light turning on and off while driving with no passengers in the vehicle and nothing sitting in the seat. The car had less than 3000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer, but they told me that they could not find any issues. Since the visit, I don’t seem to be having the problem anymore but received no real explanation as to why it was occurring. Is anyone still experiencing the problem after taking it to the dealer?
I have not had my car for the last 2 and a half weeks due to hitting a deer, but I still had the issue before the accident and could not get an explanation from anyone either.

Back