Picked them up for a steal

You're gonna have to get them machine cut to get a bigger bore. Do you know a place?

its cool
i know it should be interesting lol.

I've called 2 wheels shops one wanted 500 and another wanted 300 I still have a lot of places to call lol
And no machines shops want to touch them :/ liability

The STI wheels have smaller center bore than the Civics. It won't fit unless the wheels center bore matches the hub diameter.

its cool
i know it should be interesting lol.

I've called 2 wheels shops one wanted 500 and another wanted 300 I still have a lot of places to call lol
And no machines shops want to touch them :/ liability
That's a big difference. Lol. Keep looking. There should be something that is a better deal.

I know I'm gonna keep shopping around I should be able to find a good deal :)

I'd rather have the wheels machined than use hubcentric spacers

I would assume that an engine block boring machine can be used to bore aluminum wheels too.

That makes sense. From what I have heard it only takes an hour to do it the only tough part is measuring. The wheels didn't cost me a lot I just don't want to spend a lot to modify

You're at a +53 offset so they will be slightly sunken compared to a stock wheel. Running a slight spacer probably wouldn't hurt in this case. It may also be cheaper to get a set of custom spacers made that convert the hub bore down correctly. A place that specialized in custom spacers will probably be able to get the machining perfect as well.

I looked for a cheap and quick hubcentric ring adapter first that you could just slip on to fit but I had no luck.

The plus side of going the spacer route is that you won't be "damaging" the wheel and if you ever change your mind you will be able to sell them easier. I would be wary of buying a used wheel that has been machined. How much material can be safely taken off without compromising wheel strength? Especially material around the clamping area.

Also if you are going to have a shop do the machining, make sure they have very good equipment and experience since this is going to be an area that needs precision work. The tolerance should be very very exact if you want the wheel to fit well and not wobble or vibrate at speed. Definitely not an area to cheap out on.

Serpent autosport advertises custom wheel spacers. They look to be about $130-150 pair for thin ones. You can certainly specify thickness since you could run up to a 15mm with no issue. You would have to run extended studs.
http://www.serpentautosport.com/HTML/Hub Adapters and Spacers.html

Michael Hurd may have some input on what to look for in terms of a good machine shop or recommendations.

Good luck man, the wheels look real nice. Can't wait to see pics when you finally get them mounted.

What Nix said! I wasn't paying attention to the wheels' offset at all. You can definitely get a 10-15mm spacer that will convert the hub diameter to fit those wheels.

Back