place to find stock part numbers?

I doubt you'll ever be able to get the paint code for the stock wheels. You'd probably need to paint all of the wheels whatever color, or just try to match the one as close as possible. It's not an ideal situation. Or plastidip your wheels.

I doubt you'll ever be able to get the paint code for the stock wheels. You'd probably need to paint all of the wheels whatever color, or just try to match the one as close as possible. It's not an ideal situation. Or plastidip your wheels.

The wheel looks like this:
$_57.JPG

so plastidip will make the whole wheel black, the same color as the car itself.
the silver color is probably machine-faced
so I will have to live with the scuff, just a minor aesthetic issue, or upgrade to 18" sets and sell the stock ones on ebay.

very nice and informative video, thanks a lot.
but the task to mask the calipers and rotors makes the whole project big. I would rather take the wheels off to spray. but doing this for all four wheels just to conceal a little scuff on one of them is like overkill.
I think I will wait to upgrade when the car has some more mileage, it has now 8800 miles.
I will consider a list of mod including suspension and wheel and tire.
The car in its stock configuration is perfect as a daily commuter, so I was reluctant to do any mods while it is still within its warranty.

Back